Author Topic: Cz 100 sight thingy doo  (Read 1950 times)

Offline 10mmdude

Cz 100 sight thingy doo
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:26:24 PM »
I had no clue where to put this and went on, eh it's plastic out this question here!!

The question is, yes I have searched the web high and wide and nothing like it dosnt even exist!! What I'm the world is the purpose if that center sight looking thing dove tailed into the slide a few inches in front of the rear sight???

Is it a quick acquisition sight like a caracal?

Offline 10mmdude

Re: Cz 100 sight thingy doo
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
Here's a link to an owners manual download. http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV1sMLL9TOmkAkJ1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMmc0YWMxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQzM18x/RV=2/RE=1405066382/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fstevespages.com%2fpdf%2fcz100.pdf/RK=0/RS=6hedcMK.KCXx9p8ZQ4oLwnS2kyI-
It shows all the parts. - Bodene

Ok so I got it's name, it's a "barrel stop"

What does a barrel stop do? I don't see how that interacts with the barrel at all??

Offline 10mmdude

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:57 AM »
Ok for anyone that cares, durring my "tinker stinker" time (that's the little bit of time I get to play on my phone while I'm in the bathroom....

I dug up some old info on the "barrel stop"

The gun was designed for the British police, they backed outta the deal... Since the British police work a lot with K9 they demanded to have a slide racking device for one handed manipulation... Since they would usually have dog in one hand and pistol in other they needed a way to chamber a round off their belt..

And that is the story of the center sight thingy doo

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »
The gun was designed for the British police, they backed outta the deal... Since the British police work a lot with K9 they demanded to have a slide racking device for one handed manipulation... Since they would usually have dog in one hand and pistol in other they needed a way to chamber a round off their belt..

That makes sense... I think having the ability to rack the slide one-handed is extremely important on a defensive handgun! I really wish there was a better tactical rear sight option for CZs - something like Jardine's Tactical Hook for 1911s or the Ameriglo CLAW.

I've seen pics of the forthcoming CZ Custom rear sight for the P-07/P-09 ... and it appears to have a more pronounced ledge at the front of the rear sight but the pic wasn't clear. Hopefully it does and (hopefully) they will release something similar for the CZ 75 line :)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline 10mmdude

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »

That makes sense... I think having the ability to rack the slide one-handed is extremely important on a defensive handgun! I really wish there was a better tactical rear sight option for CZs - something like Jardine's Tactical Hook for 1911s or the Ameriglo CLAW.

I've seen pics of the forthcoming CZ Custom rear sight for the P-07/P-09 ... and it appears to have a more pronounced ledge at the front of the rear sight but the pic wasn't clear. Hopefully it does and (hopefully) they will release something similar for the CZ 75 line :)

I know what your saying, any 75 series pistol with a stock sight is NP, the sights they consider tactical do lack that ability which kinda stinks..

You could always have a notch milled into the rear sight if you really really wanted

Offline Bodene

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:08:37 PM »
Glad you were able to figure out it's purpose. And thanks for sharing what you found, I don't have a CZ100 but after seeing your post I was curious as to what it was for. - Bodene

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 05:38:54 PM »
I know what your saying, any 75 series pistol with a stock sight is NP, the sights they consider tactical do lack that ability which kinda stinks..

You could always have a notch milled into the rear sight if you really really wanted

I would stick with the stock rear sight if I didn't hate the sight picture so much - it just does not work for me at all.

I've discussed having the tactical sight milled for a ledge with David at CGW - I may go that route in the future if nothing better comes to market.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline 10mmdude

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »

I would stick with the stock rear sight if I didn't hate the sight picture so much - it just does not work for me at all.

I've discussed having the tactical sight milled for a ledge with David at CGW - I may go that route in the future if nothing better comes to market.

I totally agree the factory sights are god awfull!!

Offline 10mmdude

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
Glad you were able to figure out it's purpose. And thanks for sharing what you found, I don't have a CZ100 but after seeing your post I was curious as to what it was for. - Bodene

Glad I could help!!

It was driving me bonkers! Don't care for the pistol and will never own one (one of the worst trigger pulls I have ever felt in my life lol)

I just NEEEDED to know lol