Author Topic: Range report  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Riversub

Range report
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:21:37 AM »
First time at the range with my new 2075 - wow, what a great gun!  Some initial impressions:

Ergonomics
The gun fits my hand like a glove.  I'm able to just fit my pinky finger on the base of the 10 round mag so am able to get a nice, full grip in the pistol.  My support hand fills in the grip nicely and the overall feel of the gun is very solid.  The safety release is easy to manipulate but I found the slide stop a bit difficult to reach and lock open without rotating the gun in my hand slightly.  I found the slide had to be pulled further back than I expected for the stop to catch.  Maybe I will get used to this and it will become easier over time.  Also, the serrations on the slide were a tad too aggressive for my taste but I would rather have them like this than not be able to easily get a positive grip while racking.

Shootability
Recoil is very manageable, better than my compact G19.  Not sure whether this is due to the alloy frame or the fact that the gun fits me perfectly but in any case it is a pleasure to shoot.  Also, the trigger pull in both DA and SA is very smooth with a nice clean break.  SA trigger reset is easy to find.  I love the SA pull/break and the trigger itself has a nice heft and presence.

Fit and finish
This is a quality, well made pistol.  It came out of the box flawless.  Everything is smooth and tight.  A little bit of trouble taking it down at first but once I learned where the slide needed to be during the operation have had no difficulties. 

Accuracy
Well, it is more accurate than me for sure.  I was very pleased to see that the sights were adjusted perfectly and the darn gun just shoots where you aim it.  I seem to be much more accurate with the CZ than I am my Glock with far less trigger time.  Tight groups and was able to hit orange dot at 25 yards.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the pistol.  It ran flawlessly with over 100 rounds and ate a good  mix of ammo (115 FMJ and 124 grain JHP; PMC Bronze, Speer Gold Dot and S&B) without complaining. 

Thanks to all of the forum members who answered my questions on the pistol and I look forward to many more fun range and training sessions.  BTW - Just wanted to pass along that I contacted CZ to see if it was ok to dry fire the pistol.  They said dry firing is a critical part of training with the gun and confirmed that there should be no issues.  In fact, they noted that they beefed up the needed parts for this and it will do no damage to the pistol. 

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Range report
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »
Good report.

Glad you're happy with your new CZ.  It'll get better as you break it in.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
If you do some Cajunizing, it will become a better shooting gun.
Have fun with it.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline BuckJm53

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »
Riversub ... Congrats on your new RAMI.  It's a great little carry pistol :)
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free" - Ronald Reagan
The Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Offline Jason James

• CZ fan
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »
Bit by the CZ Rami bug.
Watch out or you'll be buying 6 CZ's in
6 months like l did. Yes! Still married.  ;D
Happily too
Jason James

anything