Author Topic: Advice needed on how to get CZ-75 Compact threaded barrel  (Read 4345 times)

Offline jurist

Advice needed on how to get CZ-75 Compact threaded barrel
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »
I have one of the limited run of Compact Shadows you all got CZ to import. It is easily my favorite handgun. I am a FFL and sell a lot of sound suppressors/silencers, whichever you prefer to call them. The point being I try to have a suppressor option for every gun I may take on a demo. My Compact shadow is the thorn in my side because I can't seem to find any options for a threaded barrel for it. I'm to the point I'm wondering if I bought a CZ-75 barrel if someone could mill the front lug off the barrel and fit the remaining lug to the slide and then thread the barrel for the Compact if that would work. I've found a trusted gunsmith who can thread and extend the factory barrel but I would rather it not have an extension and would also rather not have the factory barrel.  Another option I guess would be to remove the barrel bushing and have SP-01 barrel and bushing fit instead and thread that.

Can you all offer any advice as to how you would suggest proceeding?

I wish you all just offered a threaded CZ-75 compact barrel and I could call it a day.

Offline 10mmdude

Re: Advice needed on how to get CZ-75 Compact threaded barrel
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »
I can't be 100% on this but cz-usa has a store as well lol, they sell 100 times the things cz custom does and is a candy store got people like us that think milling the front lug off is a good idea lol
Anyways they have an extended compact barrel if I'm not mistaken, don't know if it's enough to thread or not.. Hope that helps.. Get on the phone there awesome people!!

I was gonna link the web page but it says unavailable till 8-4-14 for maintenance

Offline jurist

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
I'm very familiar with the CZ-USA store and knew that there was an extended barrel for the full size but not the compact. That would be perfect if there was an extended compact barrel!

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
An extended compact barrel would be a new item as CZ has not offered that in the past. Thinking about this. There was a small supply of ext. Compact barrels. IIRC, they were about .25 longer than standard barrel.
We have done threaded barrels for compacts in the past. Have modifying an existing factory barrel.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:02:29 AM by Stuart »

Offline 10mmdude

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:37:11 AM »
I'm very familiar with the CZ-USA store and knew that there was an extended barrel for the full size but not the compact. That would be perfect if there was an extended compact barrel!

I'm 99.9% sure they have an extended compact 9mm barrel!

I have been on the barrel search results 30 times in the past week because I'm looking for an SP01 barrel option for a .40 slide I'm building, I know I can get stuff usually cheaper at the cz store than the custom shop, not always but usually and they have totally different inventories as well!

I have been waiting on a call back for a couple days, I wanna ask about their sp01 extended barrel, is it and Aussie barrel?? Just said extended, well how much lol

I will ask about ur barrel as well and get all the details if I get on the horn with them first then reply back...

I don't know how extended it will be, kinda like an Aussie barrel or an extended p07, I know some of these extended barrels are for added velo in a compact size, atleast that's what I was told by cz usa, to get full size performance from you HP (expansion wise) In a compact size frame

Fingers crossed for ya!

Offline jurist

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
10mmDude, Thanks for checking on details and availability on the extended barrel.

Stuart, so if I follow what you're suggesting the best idea in your view would be to get a new factory threaded barrel and have you all extend and thread it for the suppressor? What kind of price would I be looking at out the door? The reason I hadn't gone that route is the CZ barrel is already so thin I didn't want to have to have it threaded twice, once for the extension and once for the suppressor, plus I thought if I had a factory CZ-75 barrel modified I would have rifling all of the way out to the end of the barrel and it might potentially give me a little more velocity over the factory compact barrel. Can you all just remove the additional lug on the factory CZ-75 barrel for the Compact and thread it? IS there a reason that that wouldn't be preferable?

Thanks!

Offline 10mmdude

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
10mmDude, Thanks for checking on details and availability on the extended barrel.

Stuart, so if I follow what you're suggesting the best idea in your view would be to get a new factory threaded barrel and have you all extend and thread it for the suppressor? What kind of price would I be looking at out the door? The reason I hadn't gone that route is the CZ barrel is already so thin I didn't want to have to have it threaded twice, once for the extension and once for the suppressor, plus I thought if I had a factory CZ-75 barrel modified I would have rifling all of the way out to the end of the barrel and it might potentially give me a little more velocity over the factory compact barrel. Can you all just remove the additional lug on the factory CZ-75 barrel for the Compact and thread it? IS there a reason that that wouldn't be preferable?

Thanks!

I like the way you think, .65"... Hmmm a little added velocity

I see chrony tests in it future lmao! Sounds just like my brain :)

Offline Stuart

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »
We have modified factory full length barrels for the compact.
Modified the lugs, shortened and threaded.

Here is one we did for a Pro Tek 2 M owner

Offline jurist

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »
Okay I need that ASAP. What's pricing on the same barrel, blued or blackened. Don't want/need a thread protector.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
Okay I need that ASAP. What's pricing on the same barrel, blued or blackened. Don't want/need a thread protector.

send me an email.

Offline 10mmdude

anything