Author Topic: Task Firearms (Sarsilmaz importer) belly up??.....  (Read 5244 times)

Offline 2OLD2W8

Task Firearms (Sarsilmaz importer) belly up??.....
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
Task Firearms is in limbo....After 2 plus weeks of multiple attempts in contacting them, I received a return phone call last night......

According to "Jeff" Task Firearms has been sold to a Turkish Banker.... Jeff will be managing the new Sarsilmaz importing enterprise once it is up and running.  If anyone needs to contact Jeff he gave me his cell phone # 321-229-9861... and his blessing to share it......

For any  Sarsilmaz questions call Jeff......

Enjoy what you have, it can get worse.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Task Firearms (Sarsilmaz importer) belly up??.....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »
Just because the Business has been sold will not mean they are "Belly Up" dead.  It actually might be a good thing if more business emphasis on importing and marketing the Sarsilmaz line happens with the change.

If anyone speaks to Jeff, invite him to join and post here.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »
What is going on here is that Sar was not happy with the EAA arrangement, in addition they want to bring the rest of their pistol lineup to the US market.  I for one am happy to see them trying to move forward and make this happen . EAA was not interested in the rest of their lineup which include a revolver that I am very interested in. P.S. I hate revolvers it takes a lot for me to get interested in one. Sar taking control of their marking and delivery system for the us will be a positive step toward bringing the rest of their lineup to the US markets.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline 2OLD2W8

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »
From my limited conversations with Jeff, I think the chances of continuing with the Task Firearms moniker and business model will cease to exist...... Belly up???? Probably

I contacted Jeff and passed along your invite to participate  on this forum and share the latest info regarding Sarsilmaz..........
Enjoy what you have, it can get worse.

Offline henehcuhp

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »
Same old story here: Good guns, crappy importer. If only Tanfo would break it off with EAA, too.

Similar thing going on with Grand Power and Century. They're saying they'll have more of their full line available by the end of the year, assumably through a new importer.

Offline js22um

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »
Hey guys I want to thank you for the invite and try and answer some of the questions you have about Task right now though Im limited in some areas , I am currently working for Task Firearms / Sar Arms LLC. the current owner is selling and is under contract with a purchaser hopefully this will get done quickly it has been as much a pain for you as it has me there has been many inquiries, Task has only been open for 4 months so all the inventory is limited and now what we have must be put on hold till the transaction is complete. If you call Task the calls get forwarded to my cell but the phone wont ring all I get on my phone is a missed call so I will leave my cell # for more questions (321-229-9861) my email is js22um@gmail.com

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »
I believe people would like more Sar Arms and better support/parts. They are good firearms just limited exposure to the American public.
"1776" - Part II

Offline oreocat

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »
I would also like to see the Revolvers over here.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, js22um!  :)  We will appreciate any information you might share with us!   8)

Right now, I think we all need to be patient and let things sort themselves out.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline westdawg

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 10:00:18 PM »
I will throw my thought on the SAR brand - fantastic guns!  I hope this all gets worked out ASAP because I have been completely thrilled with their product. 

Offline Riptide439

• Meet Riptide of Chincoteague
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
Welcome js22um!
Good luck working thru this transition. We look forward to seeing new Sars on the market.
75B 9mm Duel Tone * SP01 Shadow * SP01 Phantom * SP01 Tactical * 85 Combat * 2075 Rami * P-09 * P07 * 97BD Cajunized * P01
S&W 686-6 * Dan Wesson Valor .45 * SAR K2 .45 * Canick S120 9mm * Sig P226
452 Trainer * 452 Ultra Lux  x 2 * 452 Varmint Thumbhole*527 .223 Carbine*Rem 870 Express

Offline dugsok

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Must be out of business, no word about their plans or anything for a long time, what a shame.

Offline MetalGravy

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 12:53:57 AM »
I kind of figured, since Sar pistols are back on EAA's website.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 01:38:20 AM »
Looks like EAA has them back, so no one will be buying an "orphan" with no support.

Offline SabresBillsFan

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 02:32:50 AM »
When I ordered a few extra mags for my EAA SAR B6P the lady at EAA told me that they will be carrying SAR guns and not Task.