Author Topic: Sad tale of a Ringneck  (Read 3359 times)

Offline brutus51

Sad tale of a Ringneck
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »
Been scouting for a 20ga. with 26" barrels for quite awhile, finally broke down an ordered a new one.
Gun arrived Sat. Got up early Sunday went to the local gun club. First and only squad of trap.
Fired 2 shots from the left barrel and the 2 from the right, on the 3rd shot from the left all I got was a click.
Firing pin appears to have broken. Finished the squad with the right barrel, then packed up and went home extremely disappointed.
Made arrangements with CZ the following day to return the gun for warranty repair. When I received the Fedx shipping label it was noted in the e-mail 4 to 6 weeks turn around time. I'm not a happy camper >:(

Offline Riptide439

• Meet Riptide of Chincoteague
Re: Sad tale of a Ringneck
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:08:49 PM »
Well that stinks brutus!
On a little bettrr note, I sent a P07 back last year and got the same responce.  2 weeks later fedex arrived with my P07. I think it's CYA.
75B 9mm Duel Tone * SP01 Shadow * SP01 Phantom * SP01 Tactical * 85 Combat * 2075 Rami * P-09 * P07 * 97BD Cajunized * P01
S&W 686-6 * Dan Wesson Valor .45 * SAR K2 .45 * Canick S120 9mm * Sig P226
452 Trainer * 452 Ultra Lux  x 2 * 452 Varmint Thumbhole*527 .223 Carbine*Rem 870 Express

Offline brutus51

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 08:24:26 AM »
It's been three weeks and I'm still waiting. Not even getting the weekly update E-mails.
Either they sent it back to Turkey or the line for repairs is extra long. :(
I guess the lesson learned is that even though CZ puts their name on it Hulgo is what you get.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:27:34 AM by brutus51 »

Offline brutus51

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »
Called them today for a stutus update, they haven't even looked at it, very dissapointing.

Offline brutus51

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
Well it took 5 weeks for them to fix my ringneck but now that I have it back it's a dream, fast handling, easy on the shoulder, everything I had hoped for, love this little shot gun. Perfect for north woods grouse in close cover. Now I'm thinking I'd like to try some slugs in her. Where can I get extra choke tubes? Can't find them on CZ's website. Does anyone make rifled tubes so that saboted slugs can be used? I've heard this works but I've never seen one. Kind of fancy a poor mans double rifle. ;D

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
I saw one of those in what looked like .410 ga. at the gun show Saturday.  It was a pretty gun.  Just can't imagine hunting ringnecks over corn stubble with a .410.

I don't need a double barrel but dog gone CZ makes some pretty ones.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 09:33:02 AM »
Brutus...

chokes available from the webstore.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/shotguns/20-gauge/choke-tubes
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Calcz

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
My .28 O/U took 6 months, countless emails, many calls and relentless nagging to get back. It was double firing and was reported to be an easy fix. It may have been easy but it was slow. CZ staff gave up offering excuses or apologies and just said. It would be done when it was done. They were polite in doing so but I could've used a bit of apology or regret from them.
When it happened again I went local and got it back within a week for a reasonable cost. That was worth avoiding the frustration.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 01:50:26 AM »
Well it took 5 weeks for them to fix my ringneck but now that I have it back it's a dream, fast handling, easy on the shoulder, everything I had hoped for, love this little shot gun. Perfect for north woods grouse in close cover. Now I'm thinking I'd like to try some slugs in her. Where can I get extra choke tubes? Can't find them on CZ's website. Does anyone make rifled tubes so that saboted slugs can be used? I've heard this works but I've never seen one. Kind of fancy a poor mans double rifle. ;D

Glad you got her back and shes working. Thank you for the update.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

anything