Author Topic: SP06  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Stuart

SP06
« on: June 01, 2007, 07:15:31 AM »
Just thought I would mention it..

talk of a SP01 in .40 really happening on CZshooters..designated the SP06.
also mention of a P06.

Offline SDDLUP

SP06
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:24:37 AM »
Any talk of what the capacity of an SP-06 would be? I need another 40 caliber and was thinking Glock 22, partially because factory magazines are SOOOoooo cheap, but an SP-06 would be very interesting!

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
SP06
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 07:44:13 AM »
I was at a police demo in north dakota this week, and guess what I saw????
3 new guns, 2 I assume were prototype for right now so don't ask WHEN.
P06 40 caliber (p01 basically) 40 S&W
CZ97 B Decoker 45 ACP
CZ Sp01 Decoker 40 S&W.

I shot all of them and had no problems.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
SP06
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:13 AM »
Oh heck.... I gotta get another job now! :lol

Bill
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros

Offline Garson

SP06
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:20:24 PM »
Oh heck.... I gotta get one more partime job now!

Garson

Offline tekarra

SP06
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 05:13:27 PM »
Angus,
You are tantalizing us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline twoguns

SP06
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
Howdy folks,

I have to admit a factory SP-01 in 40 does sound mighty tempting to me.  But I am simply not a big fan of decockers when I can avoid them.  Why they sell so many Fords and Chevys I reckon too.

Mr. Angus, I am still looking forward to your call to come get my 75B and the new SP-01.  Being able to mount the 40 75B slide unit on the SP-01 frame will work out very well for me.  No decocker, in a platform and style I am already very taken with.

I am curious though.  Did you hear any talk of an SP-01 in 40 standard DA/SA, manual safety configuration, or just the decocker version?

twoguns

American-Veteran-2

SP06
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 01:09:49 AM »
:\   I must admit a SW 40 is better than a 9mm.  I only got my SP-01 because bullets are cheap and so are the .40, so I went with the capacity factor.:)   We all know why the FBI had Smith and Wesson design a .40 because the female agents could not handle the 10mm muzzel flip, I don't have to mention their concern of going thru walls. :\   That put a dent for the demand of 10mm. :\   I am also concern about walls, thats why I don't use my Desert Eagle .44 mag for self defence unless I want to go thru walls.:evil

:b  I would have been more excited if they announce a 10mm instead. :smokin  That I would go back to work for especially if it had a 17 rd. capacity!!!  :D  I'm a dreamer for sure.

0]  For now I will just have to be content with my EAA Elite Match 10mm:)  I'm saving for a 6" ported barrel, I can't wait to get it and shoot some +p+. :rollin

Offline twoguns

SP06
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
Howdy folks,

A bit off the thread topic so sorry, but just wanted to clarify things.  

Actually the FBI trashed their 1076s and the 10mm round, because they were having two companies produce downloaded rounds for them.  They wanted the light 10 loads for everyone, but primarily for female and smaller agents who had trouble handling a normal round.  When they began to experience reliability issues, both factories and Smith sent reps to Quantico to evaluate things.  They all 3 agreed if the FBI would allow the ammo to be increased by 40 fps, the weapons would be totally reliable.

The Bureau refused to concede anyone knew more than they did, and opted to trash both the caliber and the pistol, and reverted back to their P226s in 9mm.

Smith developed the 40 S&W as a polite way to thumb their nose at the FBI.  It had the same ballistics as the round the Bureau wanted downloaded by both companies, and would fit in a 9mm frame package as well, using the same projectile as the 10mm, and offering a double row mag.

Very quietly, the FBI eventually changed over to Glocks in 40.  But I can promise you sir, Smith did not create the 40 for the FBI.  Smith basically had to abandon the 10mm pistols from their line, largely as a result of meager sales after the FBI so publically complained about the poor pistol and ammo combination they had.

I was a fed at that time, and still am.  I got my information from DEA firearms instructors stationed at Quantico who watched this all play out.  Later while taking the Smith pistol armorer course, that instructor when asked about the 10mm situation, gave us substantially the same answer.

Sorry to get off thread here, but it is hard for me to sit quietly and mistakenly let anyone think Smith created the 40 as a favor to the FBI.

Back to the thread.  Mr. Angus have you heard anything about a possible SP-01 in 40 in non-decocker configuration?

twoguns

Offline angus hobdell

• CZ Custom
SP06
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 09:57:13 AM »
Nothing in Sp01 40S&W as yet the 40 S&W decoker were built as a  taster for the LE market, (they all want decokers) or so it is said.
Angus Duhhhh!

Offline twoguns

SP06
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »
Howdy folks,

Thanks for the reply Mr. Angus.  I guess I can understand why you are hearing LEAs all want decockers, as most will simply not allow their folks to carry SA or cocked and locked anymore.  So I am sure the admin folks do only want the decocker version.

I am nearly retirement age, and will probably have to go out shortly on some sort of medical anyway.  But at least that will let me go back to carrying in my preferred mode too - SA.  It is nice to have the DA first shot capability, but the option CZ offers in the SA/DA models is simply hard to beat for me.

Maybe they will elect to offer an SP-01 40 in SA/DA with manual safety, but if they do I suspect it will be a ways down the road too.

Thanks again sir,

twoguns

Offline Bruxley

SP06
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »
I add my $.02 on the 10mm idea. EEA or Glock 20.....would like to add "CZ SP-10" to the option list. :D

ps- No reply on that barrel either Angus

Offline Stuart

SP06
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 07:17:38 PM »
10mm would be tough..as they would have to retool a frame..only existing platform to even handle the 10mm OAL is the 97b

Offline Bruxley

SP06
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »
10mm a tough retooling? Is it the recoil from a full load your referring to? A 10mm round to a .40 round is all but the same diameter. Hard to believe a couple THOUSANDTHS of an inch would require a total retool given this new SP-08 being discussed is hatched already.

I'm no gunsmith. And if I'm way off here then my apologies in advance. But if recoil isn't the issue then 10mm would be a great thing from CZ here.

I have no illusions. I can see that CZ wants to be accepted by LEAs and Militarys around the world with this SP (service pistol?)series of weapons. And I hope to see it come about. Given that premise, a 10mm isn't on that track.

BUT I STILL WANT ONE !!:p

Offline Stuart

SP06
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 08:14:45 PM »
length of the cartride...not the diameter..

can't physically fit the 10mm cartridge into the 75/85/SP01 frame or magazine.

that's what I mean..they would need to make a new frame and magazine to accomodate it..