Author Topic: How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09  (Read 59080 times)

Offline Glockman69

Re: How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2017, 09:18:17 PM »
^^It might be best to make a separate post about your question. Just a thought.
I completely understand, and sorry to get things off track. Thanks for your time.

Offline Stopsign32v

« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2017, 11:11:40 PM »
Hope you don't mind the off topic question. does this model have a narrow grip, I have small girly hands. Compared to a gen 4 Glock 19 small strap, how do these po7 compare.. Thanks for the help...

To quickly answer your question the P07 with small backstrap feels noticeably smaller than the Gen4 Glock 19 with no backstrap.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2017, 11:53:41 PM »
On one of Schmecky's polishing threads,  he shows in detail the easiest way to polish hard to reach places  using a Dremel tool.
There is a 1/8" Dremel "stem/shaft"for sanding and polishing that  has a tiny screw in the end to hold the tools it uses.
THAT shaft with the screw removed,  and a thin strip of  sandpaper wrapped over the end and down the sides uses a small O-ring used as a rubber band over the strip of paper to hold it in place.  He also shows all the locations to polish.
A number of members here have used his method

Offline ejr490

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2017, 10:23:57 PM »
That's a goo contrasting picture of the bar after polishing. Pictures are a great help thanks for this one.

Ed

Here's a brand new trigger bar.  Look at the rear and you can already see a high spot visible by the wear on the finish.  When parts are stamped out of sheet metal (as is the P series trigger bar), the stamping die causes the steel to form sharp edges on the outside of the trigger bar.  In essence, the bar is not flat, it is more concave or bowl shaped.  We want the trigger bar flat and smooth.

So you can see just how "unflat" the trigger bar is, here is a pic of stoning the bar lightly.  You can see the where the edges are higher creating drag and a rough DA.

Here's a nice flat, properly prepped trigger bar.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:36:14 PM by s0nspark »

Offline Taz575

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2017, 02:19:08 PM »
I got all of the parts installed in my P-07(Basically the Pro Grade Kit, but with the Defensive Hammer Springs), but haven't gotten to shoot it much lately (Dan Wesson 44 Mag revolvers are WAYYY too much fun at 100 yds!).   I extended the safety, but it still doesn't work well for me for cocked and locked carry, so I recently converted it back to decocker.  I have been noticing that the DA pull is a little lighter and smoother, but still has some "hitches" in the DA pull where it doesn't feel like a Sig or good DA revolver would feel; it's not consistent along its pull.  I did the smaller of the 2 rollers, so I am not sure if I should go for the larger roller or work more on polishing the trigger bar or if it's something else?  I polished the trigger bar so it was smooth and polished on the edges where it was making contact with other parts, but it's not perfectly flat to make contact with the inside of the frame 100%.  Where else should I look that may be causing the inconsistent feeling? 

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • Talk is cheap!
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2017, 11:35:58 AM »
I got all of the parts installed in my P-07(Basically the Pro Grade Kit, but with the Defensive Hammer Springs), but haven't gotten to shoot it much lately (Dan Wesson 44 Mag revolvers are WAYYY too much fun at 100 yds!).   I extended the safety, but it still doesn't work well for me for cocked and locked carry, so I recently converted it back to decocker.  I have been noticing that the DA pull is a little lighter and smoother, but still has some "hitches" in the DA pull where it doesn't feel like a Sig or good DA revolver would feel; it's not consistent along its pull.  I did the smaller of the 2 rollers, so I am not sure if I should go for the larger roller or work more on polishing the trigger bar or if it's something else?  I polished the trigger bar so it was smooth and polished on the edges where it was making contact with other parts, but it's not perfectly flat to make contact with the inside of the frame 100%.  Where else should I look that may be causing the inconsistent feeling?

I dropped my hammer spring from the 18# to the 15# and noticed all of those hitches went away for me.  You might give that a try...

I've had no adverse issues with any of the ammo I usually shoot - Winchester NATO, Speer Lawman, Freedom Munitions 147gr, and Ranger 147gr.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Taz575

« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
I have the yellow hammer spring in currently and I polished up the hammer strut, too.  The gun shoots everything, but the dimples are much shallower than my other firearms, so I am leery of going lower on the spring weight.

Offline tag

« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
Is there a reason that the outer bearing surfaces are polished, but no talk about the inner bearing surfaces? 

Offline GreenieNZ

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2017, 06:51:12 AM »
G'day from New Zealand,

New to the CZ forums and new to CZ's (Glock 17 refugee).
My entry pistol into the murky world of CZ's a new P09 I picked up this week and it came factory with the safety lever installed, no de-cocker included. In NZ we can't carry pistols for SD and so I'll be using it as a range gun only unless Zombies attack.

I'm going to start with the polishing and will likely then import a CGW kit. But before I do, can I ask a question? Is the trigger already a lot better with just the safety lever v.s. the de-cocker? From what I understand it is more constant and a better weight without the de-cocker installed?

Seeing as it isn't a self defence gun, what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Wayne

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2017, 08:33:50 AM »
The decocker feature does add some weight to the trigger pull. After you Cajunize it you may not even notice it but I keep my P09 with the safety just for that reason, a slightly better single action trigger pull.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »
G'day from New Zealand,

New to the CZ forums and new to CZ's (Glock 17 refugee).
My entry pistol into the murky world of CZ's a new P09 I picked up this week and it came factory with the safety lever installed, no de-cocker included. In NZ we can't carry pistols for SD and so I'll be using it as a range gun only unless Zombies attack.

I'm going to start with the polishing and will likely then import a CGW kit. But before I do, can I ask a question? Is the trigger already a lot better with just the safety lever v.s. the de-cocker? From what I understand it is more constant and a better weight without the de-cocker installed?
Seeing as it isn't a self defence gun, what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Wayne

Welcome to the forum.  I liked the stock triggers on both my P-09 and P-07. I would shoot your new P-09 awhile before you do anything and then decide what to you want to do. As you can tell by this post, you have a lot of options. Polishing would be a good start.
I couldn't tell much difference in the trigger pull on my P-09 with the safety compared to the decocker. I like the decocker the best, so that's the direction I went with both of these pistols. After polishing the internals in P-07 using this post as a guide, my already good trigger was a little too light for taste. I ended up installing a heavier sear spring in my P-07 and now the trigger is perfect for me.

Offline catoy2k

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »
I cajunized and polished my p07 and the trigger is great now. But compared to other SA pistols, the hammer seems a bit slow. Is the reason the weaker yellow spring?

Offline GreenieNZ

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2017, 02:14:17 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  I liked the stock triggers on both my P-09 and P-07. I would shoot your new P-09 awhile before you do anything and then decide what to you want to do. As you can tell by this post, you have a lot of options. Polishing would be a good start.
I couldn't tell much difference in the trigger pull on my P-09 with the safety compared to the decocker. I like the decocker the best, so that's the direction I went with both of these pistols. After polishing the internals in P-07 using this post as a guide, my already good trigger was a little too light for taste. I ended up installing a heavier sear spring in my P-07 and now the trigger is perfect for me.

Interesting that you felt the trigger had gone lighter without changing the spring?

I think the sear is probably a bit gritty, but the weight is okay. A shorter reset might be good, but to be honest, not to worried about that/
I can see sense in changing that roller bearing to the improved one so it slides a bit better.

More than likely I will end up getting the kit from CGW as it is tested and works.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2017, 11:37:15 PM »

Interesting that you felt the trigger had gone lighter without changing the spring?

I think the sear is probably a bit gritty, but the weight is okay. A shorter reset might be good, but to be honest, not to worried about that/
I can see sense in changing that roller bearing to the improved one so it slides a bit better.

More than likely I will end up getting the kit from CGW as it is tested and works.
I thought the stock trigger was almost too light for self defense when I got it, but that's just my opinion. Polishing really got rid of any grittiness in the SA trigger. I think the trigger just felt lighter to me. I did take some tension off of the trigger bar spring while I had my P-07 apart. That may have made a difference too.

Offline Willie Cash

« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
This is very interesting, as my P-07 has way too light a trigger in single action. Almost no pressure at all to fire it.