Author Topic: How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09  (Read 53838 times)

SPO1SHADOW

Re: How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »
Change out the sear spring to the heavy version if you want to add a little extra. Cheap mod that takes 5 minutes to do.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2017, 11:14:36 AM »
Has the factory done any mods during manufacturing since this thread was started in 2014 to eliminate some of the problems addressed.  I am talking about lighter/heavier springs, polishing certain components, different specs on parts?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »
Thought I would add this to this smoothing thread hopefully it helps somebody make their pistol better.
We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistil.
I know many have sanded that area and Polished to minimize friction.
Here's my question can you totally eliminate the contact between the left side of the hammer and the frame or are we just minimizing it ???
Can I go too far in trying to eliminate the friction between the left side of the hammer and the frame? Can it be sanded and Polished to the point of no touch?
Well here's what I've done so far.
I disassembled including the hammer and stoned the left side of the frame and the metal block
( where the hammer touches the frame on the left side) then used 600 grit sandpaper wrapped around the stone without oil and then 1500 grit with oil  .
I stoned and then heavily polished the left side of the hammer where it meets the frame. I then reassembled everything except for the slide.
Still feeling a little bit of rubbing, I wedged 600 grit paper between the hammer and the frame by pushing the hammer to the right and Slide the paper in (smooth side of the Sandpaper against the hammer grit against the frame )
 and putting pressure on it,  squeeze the trigger slightly  so that the paper is snug but still can be moved I slid it back and forth numerous times.
I then did the same thing with 1500 grit paper numerous times. Then did the same thing again with the same 1500 grit with oil on it. ( All the sanding is done with slight pressure on the trigger to press the hammer toward the frame.)
GRITTY HAMMER AND PULL GONE...
I can't believe what a difference this process made in the smoothness of the DA pull.
I highly recommend it.
I also can't believe this hasn't been made as part of the polishing process for these pistols.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:43:33 PM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline michaEl_don

« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »
Thought I would add this to this smoothing thread hopefully it helps somebody make their pistol better.
We all know on a P-09 & P07 that the hammer does rub the frame on the left side looking from the rear of the pistil.
Here's my question can you totally eliminate the contact between the left side of the hammer and the frame or are we just minimizing it ???
Can I go too far in trying to eliminate the friction between the left side of the hammer and the frame? Can it be sanded and Polished to the point of no touch?
I disassembled including the hammer and stoned the left side of the frame and the metal block
( where the hammer touches the frame on the left side) then used 600 grit sandpaper wrapped around the stone without oil and then 1500 grit with oil  .
I stoned and then heavily polished the left side of the hammer where it meets the frame. I then reassembled everything except for the slide.
Still feeling a little bit of rubbing, I wedged 600 grit paper between the hammer and the frame by pushing the hammer to the right and Slide the paper in (smooth side of the Sandpaper against the hammer grit against the frame )
 and putting pressure on it,  squeeze the trigger slightly  so that the paper is snug but still can be moved I slid it back and forth numerous times.
I then did the same thing with 1500 grit paper numerous times. Then did the same thing again with the same 1500 grit with oil on it. ( All the sanding is done with slight pressure on the trigger to press the hammer toward the frame.)
I can't believe what a difference this process made in the smoothness of the DA pull.
I highly recommend it.
I also can't believe this hasn't been made as part of the polishing process for these pistols.

Could you please make some pictures of parts you polished?

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2017, 07:24:47 AM »
I highly recommend it.

Could you please make some pictures of parts you polished?

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=89604.30

Offline michaEl_don

« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2017, 10:06:07 AM »
THX  :D

Offline bem209jr

« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »
On the left is the OEM DA roller.  Notice how rough the top "flat" bearing surface is, which is where the roller runs against the steel hammer well insert.  Every OEM DA roller we have seen is like this and you can see how the trigger bar was "skipping" on the roller.  The roller should actually turn or roll with each DA pull.  What you can't see is the bore of the OEM roller, some are extremely crude and some are good.  The OEM roller simply can't be worked over to make it like it should be.  Notice the CGW roller is polished and the "flat" bearing surface is actually flat and extremely smooth.  What you can't see is the bore of the CGW roller, which is as good as the outside, i.e. smooth and fluid.

Sizing the correct roller is very important.  Roller widths from the factory vary from .212" OD to .230" OD.  This is a huge discrepancy, but is done for a reason.  Different OD rollers can be used to quickly and effectively change the DA timing.  We offer 2 different OD's, a .220" OD (used 85-90% of the time) and a .230" OD.  If your OEM roller is .212" - .222", use our 97058-220 roller.  If the OEM roller is .224" or larger, use our 97058-230.

Here is a quick lesson on how an increase in the roller affects the trigger bar timing.   If you had an OEM .224" roller, and you installed the CGW .230" roller, this would "seem" to be an increase of .006".  In reality, you only factor in 1/2 of the new OD, so in this case, you only increased the actual working area of the roller .003", since .006" in total additional OD only adds .003" to each side of the roller. 

This is a good example of how just a few thousands can be the difference between a flawless running CZ or one with lock work timing issues.

Measuring the roller before ordering the upgrade kit is very important. I had a timing issue after installing the kit which was cured by reinstalling the original roller. I expect everything will be perfect when I receive the larger CGW roller.

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2017, 09:45:38 PM »
Can someone please repost the photos from the first few pages of this thread that have been broken by PhotoBucket? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stroodl

« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2017, 07:23:10 AM »
Can someone please repost the photos from the first few pages of this thread that have been broken by PhotoBucket? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second that. Hard to follow the instructions with the photos missing. Thank you.

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »
I second that. Hard to follow the instructions with the photos missing. Thank you.

Right-click on the placeholder image and go to 'open in new tab' ... Photobucket won't let you hot link but you can view the images directly.

Yes, it is tedious but at least the content is still available!
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2017, 10:31:58 AM »
I get the same "please update your account" image when I do that.

Pretty amazing that Photobucket would choose to "update" itself right out of business :)

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »
I get the same "please update your account" image when I do that.

Pretty amazing that Photobucket would choose to "update" itself right out of business :)

Strange - it is slow but it is working here for most images. What browser are you using?

Offline wt9s.jay

« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2017, 11:29:36 AM »
I'm using Chrome. I don't have a photobucket account, so maybe that is the problem.

Offline s0nspark

• Talk is cheap!
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »
I'm using Chrome. I don't have a photobucket account, so maybe that is the problem.

Let's switch to PM and see if we can sort this out... PM inbound. :)

Offline clopperfootze

« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
I have all the instructions with images on Word and PDF but can't post it here for some reason.

anything