Author Topic: How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09  (Read 54040 times)

Alpha Sierra

Re: How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
     I have noticed the other day in my P-09 that the guide rod has a cap on the end that goes into the front of the slide. That cap can be screwed off to remove the spring if i am not mistaken.
I've looked at mine (P-07) and can't see a joint line there.  It's entirely possible that the P-07 guide rod is made differently than the P-09's.

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »
I have the new P-07 and this decocker separates in the middle. My P-09 is glued together.

The following is a post from JoeL:

See the part that is against the right edge of the decocker spring?  The one that you have to hook the decocker spring under?  That piece has moved to the left on the shaft, toward the spring.  Take a small flat bladed screwdriver and push it to the right (based on the view in your photograph) until it hits the shoulder to the right.  That little piece has moved too far towards the spring and that is why your decocker doesn't work. 

Move the circled piece to the right from the view in this photograph.   Compare to yours and you will see a gap between the circled piece and the shoulder on your shaft.

I put the decockers back in both my guns today.  One of my decocker shaft assemblies did exactly what yours did.   

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:24:14 PM by Firemanjones »
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
That's a great photograph!
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »
Looks familiar?
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 04:50:45 PM »
Request for one of the mods to pin this thread to the top of the forum. Thanks

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »
When I called CZ about this, the gunsmith that I was talking to didn't know what I was talking about. So I posted this on the forum and Joe replied with the picture and explanation above. I snapped it back in and never have had a problem since.
I am just thankful for this forum and the members.
Safety First

Offline RPIcka

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
Any updates from Dave?

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »
I have a P-07 that I bought as a defensive firearm.    So no compromise of reliability is acceptable.   I would like to shoot it in IDPA occasionally.    I shoot a Shadow for USPSA and would like to get the P-07 trigger closer to the Shadow trigger.

Seems like I should do the following:

Polish the trigger bar as David recommends
Polish the firing pin block and hammer strut
Short reset trigger kit
Oversize DA roller
18# main spring (I have this already)
Reduced power trigger return spring
SS guide rod with 15# recoil spring (Racking the slide is pretty rough right now)
Firing pin pin
Trigger pin

Should get SA down around 3# and maybe 10# DA.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 10:23:18 AM »
I have a P-07 that I bought as a defensive firearm.    So no compromise of reliability is acceptable.   I would like to shoot it in IDPA occasionally.    I shoot a Shadow for USPSA and would like to get the P-07 trigger closer to the Shadow trigger.

Seems like I should do the following:

Polish the trigger bar as David recommends
Polish the firing pin block and hammer strut
Short reset trigger kit
Oversize DA roller
18# main spring (I have this already)
Reduced power trigger return spring
SS guide rod with 15# recoil spring (Racking the slide is pretty rough right now)
Firing pin pin
Trigger pin

Should get SA down around 3# and maybe 10# DA.
Smitty, what does polishing the firing pin retaining pin do in terms of helping the trigger pull? Or is there another reason behind it?

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »
I didn't see that he mentioned the firing pin retaining pin in his post. Besides that should not be polished, one doesn't want that backing out.
Safety First

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 10:42:36 AM »
It's not the firing pin retaining pin I'm going to polish, it's the block itself.   That way it moves smoother to reduce trigger pull.   I should probably put in a reduced power block spring too.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
It's not the firing pin retaining pin I'm going to polish, it's the block itself.   That way it moves smoother to reduce trigger pull.   I should probably put in a reduced power block spring too.
Yeah that part makes sense. I mistook where you listed the firing pin retaining pin as a part that should be polished. Lol

Offline rgreen

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
What else needs to be polished for a smooth action

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 02:15:54 PM »
Smitty79: You may already know this, but your list of things to do should also include:

CGW Firing Pin and CGW FP spring

AND Extra Strong SEAR SPRING from CGW (don't shoot the upgraded P-07 without it :-[)

Offline Wideload

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »
So how much do you gain if you have to keep the stock hammer? (to play in USPSA Production)
Has anyone had good success lowering the hammer hook on a stock Omega hammer?

anything