Author Topic: Laser Sight and Rail For Rami Solved  (Read 16641 times)

Offline pharrow48

Re: Laser Sight and Rail For Rami Solved
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »
As promised here is the info and pics.  Price was $210 to drill 2 holes to attach rail on bottom, Cerakote, mount and zero laser, Crimson Trace 203 can be purchased at local gunshop or on internet.
Work performed by www.wrightarmory.com

Here is the link to the pics.
https://imageshack.com/i/p817PZZyj
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:00:10 PM by pharrow48 »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
That is very cool pharrow. Thanks for posting.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:26:49 PM by Widge »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
Nicely done. Looks really good.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
Thanks Widge,  Windows Vista/IE 9 can't view it. :(

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 11:56:04 PM »
pharrow, what are you going to do for a holster?
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 03:47:59 AM »
As promised here is the info and pics.  Price was $210 to drill 2 holes to attach rail on bottom, Cerakote, mount and zero laser, Crimson Trace 203 can be purchased at local gunshop or on internet.
Work performed by www.wrightarmory.com

Here is the link to the pics.
https://imageshack.com/i/p817PZZyj

Interesting!

Was the rail just bolted straight on to the pistol frame, or did the gunsmith resurface the top side of the rail to accommodate the curvature of the frame, or what? Let us know how it works out!

This is by far the most viable laser set up I've seen for the Rami. There are cheapo universal lasers that clip on to the trigger guard, but you get what you pay for.

Otherwise, we all need to contact Crimson Trace and try to get them to make a laser specific to the Rami (preferably a laser grip like they make for the CZ 75 & Compact):

http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/contact?tabIndex=2#contactForms

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:19:30 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline pharrow48

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »
Here are the answer to  your questions. Holster: I ordered a custom job from remora holsters. They have drop down lists that make it easy. Select make, model, LH or RH, choose option for rail with light/laser, color, OWB or IWB, paddle or belt and that' s it. Cost about $65, reasonable, considering I'm LH. Also have option for thumb break and plush interior both of which I chose. Ordered last week, expect it soon, will post pics.
As for the question on the rail, they did such a fine job I can't tell whether they used a curved one, but I do know they had to cut it down and refinish. I showed it around and all agreed the workmanship was flawless. I have put 150 rounds through and it is solid as a rock. Marcus at Wright Armory in Tempe AZ did the work.
On another ubject, for those of you with CZ's normal size without rail and want one I recommend Ramlite. They make a magnetic rail you can attach anything to. Also well made, and takes 1 second to install or remove. That's it for now. Holster pics next.
One more thing. I could add the pics directly on the post. I hsd to use that link. Someone please tell me how to do it without link please.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
At the LGS they had a rack of Weaver Top Mount Bases for various rifles, but I found one (#71) that happened to match the curvature of the bottom of the Rami dust cover. It was a little long, but they make a shorter one (#72) that should fit just about right.

Would seem to be a simple matter to drill and tap the dust cover and screw and locktite the rail to the dust cover (I'm assuming the dust cover is thick enough to thread adequately to hold the rail on secure).

Weaver makes a ton of these things so it should be relatively easy to find one to fit.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/weaver-48072-gloss-black-mount-base-browning-p-82816.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:18:38 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 03:57:02 PM »

One more thing. I could add the pics directly on the post. I hsd to use that link. Someone please tell me how to do it without link please.

Click the 'quote' button on my post. It will show you the code you need to post the pictures.

(You cannot post them direct to the forum, you have to use a photohosting site)
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Would seem to be a simple matter to drill and tap the dust cover and screw and locktite the rail to the dust cover (I'm assuming the dust cover is thick enough to thread adequately to hold the rail on secure).

That's what CZ Custom does with their 97B Rail.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 04:37:46 AM »
^ NICE.

http://czcustom.com/cz97bpicatinnyaccessoryrail.aspx

It'd be even nicer if they made one of those for the Rami or possibly install a suitable Weaver rail.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:41:51 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline czsdpnoy

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:10 AM »
Can't wait to see the work. Thanks for sharing.
CZ 75 SP-01

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
At the LGS they had a rack of Weaver Top Mount Bases for various rifles, but I found one (#71) that happened to match the curvature of the bottom of the Rami dust cover. It was a little long, but they make a shorter one (#72) that should fit just about right.

Weaver makes a ton of these things so it should be relatively easy to find one to fit.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/weaver-48072-gloss-black-mount-base-browning-p-82816.html

Actually the #72 rail does not work. It has a different curvature than the #71 rail, even though they're made for the same rifles.

I did find that the #25 Weaver rail does fit the curvature of the Rami dust cover about perfectly and is shorter (@ 13/16") than the #71 so it's pretty much ideal.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Weaver-Top-Mount-Aluminum-Base-25-Gloss-Black&i=757406&from=grid
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:36:01 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline matty76

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
Found this old post because I was informed by my local gun shop that a RAMI is available and am interested in a rail install. BUT I can't seem to see the pick Pharrow posted! If Pharrow or anyone can respond with a pic so I can see the final outcome of a rail installation on a RAMI, I would appreciate it. Thanks!