Author Topic: Pistol comparisons (pic heavy)  (Read 83529 times)

Offline Cyanide

Pistol comparisons (pic heavy)
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2017, 11:51:57 PM »
Ask him which one he likes more! I can't decide whether I'd rather stick with the tried and true P-07 or go with the P10C.
Personally, I'm sticking with my CZ 100, DAO P-07, and Glock 23 for now. As for him, here's what he had to say:

"Well, it's here. Didn't get taken like some of the blokes, but still paid more than the LGS (when they show up). I know people wanted some comparisons to the P-07. I tossed a TLR on it since that's how I run the P-07.

1st thoughts. I'll come right out and say the trigger isn't to die for like the reviews are all saying. It's crisp for a stock trigger, the reset is short. It's still pretty darn stiff. I dry fired it a couple hundred times. Maybe slightly better. I measured 5.5-6lbs. I talked with the guy at Cajun GW, no parts yet but soon. The mag release also very stiff.

Feel is nice. Fills out my hand better than the P-07 with the medium back strap. The thickest one mimics the VP9/PPQ design. I'd say medium is similar to XDM. Grip angle is comfy and natural. This is the most course grip I've ever felt on a gun. The FNX had a rough diamond grip. This one is like a mud tire (for the dirt bike crowd). Light switch reach is noticeably further, but still within reason.

Fits the FNS holster with the TLR. I picked up a Glock 17 holster that fits without the light. Sights are the newer CZ 3-dot. They glow when charged, but aren't considered 'night sights'. The mags are backwards compatible with the P-07, but the ambi mag release hole doesn't let the 07 mags work. The newer P-09 mags do not work. I'll play with a couple 07 mags to see if I can fix that part. The base pads are slightly thicker on the P10 mags. I'll see if I get some time within the next couple days to take it to the range."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:54:41 PM by Cyanide »

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Pistol comparisons (pic heavy)
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2017, 11:54:23 PM »
Sweet! Sad to hear about that trigger since it seems everyone else is reporting ~4lb triggers. I need to get my hands on one.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2017, 01:44:19 PM »
*Picture credit to TexasPOff from Glock Talk, and they're some excellent shots!

CZ P10 C vs Gen 4 Glock 19:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:04:34 PM by Cyanide »

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »
One of my LGS's got in a P-10 C for their rentals, and though I didn't have enough time to shoot it any, they were nice enough to let me snap a few pics of it beside my (lightly modded) Gen 4 Glock 19. Hope y'all enjoy!

Glock 19 and CZ P-10 C:

Offline Tok36

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2017, 09:11:27 PM »
Good stuff, thank you for the pics.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2017, 11:41:21 PM »
Good stuff, thank you for the pics.
Tok36, you're very welcome!

Here's another set I just did a few days ago with a recently acquired pistol that a very good friend of mine literally just purchased from me. And no, it wasn't my Glock I got rid of LOL!

Beretta PX4 G Compact and Gen 4 Glock 19:

Offline handig00

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »
Awesome comparison pictures , very helpful indeed.
Thanks for taking time to do all that !

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2017, 12:01:51 AM »
Outstanding!
I see where that hammer got your thumb...ouch.

Offline Independent George

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2017, 12:29:22 AM »
PX4 is an underrated pistol. Except for the slide mounted safety, I might have got it instead of the CZ.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »
Outstanding!
I see where that hammer got your thumb...ouch.
Hammer hasn't gotten my thumb in years! Which set of pictures are you referring to also? If it is the FDE P-10 C/Glock 19 set, I borrowed those from a gentleman on the Glock Forum.

Awesome comparison pictures , very helpful indeed.
Thanks for taking time to do all that !
You're very welcome! I actually have a lot of fun putting these pictures together. Though, it was a lot easier when I had a much larger and varied collection LOL.

PX4 is an underrated pistol. Except for the slide mounted safety, I might have got it instead of the CZ.
That's why I still have the full-size DAO model, slick slide! Though the slide mounted lever doesn't bother me when it is configured as a "G" model (decock-only).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:39:03 AM by Cyanide »

Offline gwvt

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
I got a Shield in 9mm for my daughter and I to compare to the LC9S and she likes it and shoots it well enough that I'm going to give it to her. They're very similar but we both shoot the Shield better than the LC9S. I do like the LC9S for the melted edges, etc... The LC9S is definitely 'snappier' to shoot. The Shield has a trigger pull of around 5.5 lbs and the LC9S is around 4.5 lbs. I'm planning on replacing the Ruger with a Sig P290RS for my subcompact carry since my other carry pieces are DA first pull but I'll keep it as a boat gun or whatever. Anyway, I decided to take some comparison shots. They both have the Hogue HANDALL S&W M&P Shield/Ruger LC9 Beavertail Grip Sleeve installed and both have their flush-fit mags for comparison. I'm fairly slim but I can pocket-carry either in jeans with those mags/baseplates

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:26:50 PM by gwvt »

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »
Nice shots, thank you for the additions!

Offline gwvt

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2017, 07:12:06 PM »
Thank you for all your many comparisons.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »
Thank you for all your many comparisons.
You are so very welcome. I should have another set of pictures coming within the next few days, provided everything works out as planned?

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »
Hmmmm, could that be what I think it is?

P-10 C and CZ 100: