Author Topic: 20 of the smartest (and/or snarkiest) lines from Dana Loesch?s new book  (Read 5817 times)

Offline gdawgs56

Re: 20 of the smartest (and/or snarkiest) lines from Dana Loesch?s new book
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »

Grendel,

I didn't mean to be "obtuse" (I had to look it up.  According to Webster it means lacking intelligence or quickness of mind.)

I should have put a  :) after the comment.  Then perhaps you would have taken the it in the lighthearted manner in which it was intended.

But I'm a noob here and you're the moderator.  I didn't realize there was no room for humor on this forum or perhaps I just fumbled it.

Sorry if anyone has taken offence by my op.  None was intended.

After being on this great forum for almos half year I've learned that most humor will be taken offensively by at least one other member, even if it was light hearted.

-Jason
CZ75 SP-01 Tactical Custom 9mm
MP 9mm 2.0
Glock 19

captrigney

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:07 PM »

I guess sex sells CZ's too!   O0

oops.  Obtuse again.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:25:10 PM by captrigney »

Offline CardiacColt68

20 of the smartest (and/or snarkiest) lines from Dana Loesch?s new book
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »
Humor is permitted, nay encouraged here but text is sometimes awkward in conveying it.

All Ms Loesch has done by dressing in that fashion is turned off people who may have bought a 'serious' book dealing with the subject.

As another poster has said, it was undoubtedly the publisher who encouraged the tarting up of the cover in the hope of selling a few to dimwits who are attracted (like moths) to bright lights and colors, but to those who we would hope to influence, it has almost certainly had the opposite effect.

The problem is that gun control proponents and people that don't think like you or I respond to that packaging and messaging.  They are not 'deep' or thoughtful.  She is simply trying to reach people that won't buy the book written by an old, white guy in a suit and tie.   

How many more books get read because she looks good?  If it is 1 more book, by one more anti gun guy, the. I think it is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bugboy

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »
Nobody I know would pass up on buying a book they were interested in just because the author is attractive and is OK with wearing a tight dress.

I guess my circle of friends are a little "looser" than some.
SP-01 Shadow
P-01 + 40B slide = 40P
Kadet
CZ 83
vz2008
SAR K2 45 X2
and some other "stuff"

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 01:10:04 AM »
As do many boat owners with their boats, many gun-owners call their handguns "SHE".  Some even name them.  ;D
Associating beautiful women with handguns works for many.  Anti 2A-types,  might call this an emotional attachment of a nut with a gun.  Would the boat-guy be a nut with a boat?  I too call some guns 'Pretty' or even 'Beautiful'. 

Anyway,  I can see where trying to make this same type of association with the serious 2A amendment assaults facing American citizens, could be looked at as downplaying the seriousness of this RIGHT under the Constitution.  I doubt any of us here think a lighthearted issue at all.

The author has the 'right' to printing the cover of her serious subject book as she did. Here we are discussing it.  It works. Pretty, usually generates a second look,  even with old guys.
It also shows that not JUST "male nuts with guns" have the right to defend themselves. 

No harm, no foul. 

Offline Bodene

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 02:09:15 AM »
Maybe this quote from her book helps explain her choice in appearance? 6. ?Michael Bloomberg is using the ?war on women? approach to destroy the Second Amendment. He needs the face of the Second Amendment to be a man?s. It?s hard to defeat a right but it?s a lot easier to defeat a right if you give it a face?or a sex. It?s why he likes to have Shannon Troughton-Watts to be the face of his anti-gun campaign. Bloomberg figures that if he personifies Second Amendment supporters as big, burly men and anti?Second Amendment supporters as vulnerable mothers simply trying to protect their young, then he will finally find the support for gun control that has eluded him and other anti-gun advocates all of these years.? - Bodene

Offline pcator13

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 04:41:22 AM »
WOW.  Somebody put a message in here about a book.  Next thing there are opinions on dress code, publishing strategies, etc.   Another unneeded comment on someone's intelligence.  I just don't think a gun forum Administrator should be making those kind of comments.  Just talk about guns.

Not so happy a follower.

And please don't tell me to not be upset.  If you knew me and you don't then you would know I don't get upset .

captrigney

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
I just don't think a gun forum Administrator should be making those kind of comments

+1 and Bodene, I think you nailed it.

Now how 'bout we move on from the "War on Women" to the 2nd Amendment as was the intent of the original post and this forum?

Offline Franz Maurer

• http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
    • http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 10:55:16 PM »
  She is simply trying to reach people that won't buy the book written by an old, white guy in a suit and tie.   

Just think of the controversy if there was an old white guy in a tight red dress on that cover

:o
75B .40 ; P-01 ; kadet2 ; '94 witness .45 - slim nose 1of999 ; samopal vz.58 ; tin foil hat.

anything