Author Topic: VZ2008 picture thread  (Read 34579 times)

Offline LCR

Re: VZ2008 picture thread
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2017, 06:46:03 AM »
Who makes that top rail?  Is it diy?  Looks interesting!

vz58rifle.com sells them. I like it because of the large vents - keeps the heat off the lower handguard enough so that I don't need to use a heatshield.

it's not as low as the NEA one, so no co-witness, but without an optic mounted on there you can still use the iron sights with this rail.

comes with a screw + thumb-nut in place of the captive pin that's in the stock handguard. I found that the nut tends to come loose after firing a few magazines, so I've replaced it with a clevis pin

Offline M1crazy

« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2017, 12:10:01 AM »
I just picked this up today so first post and pic. 3rd gen.
Thanks
Barry In MO.

Oh no i woke up this morning and they have multiplied. ::)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:00:56 PM by M1crazy »

Offline Manderson727

« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2018, 10:45:53 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/eyVVJ

Here’s a pic of my liberty gun in progress...
And thank you Morgan for doing a full service on the internals: including removing material from the bottom of the sear disconnector, polishing all the appropriate contact surfaces on the trigger group, striker, bolt and locking lugs, and also tabbing the bolt carrier. The work Looks great and the action and strike sound and feel top notch. The action cycles slicker than snot, the bolt doesn’t hang up halfway down the stroke like it did when I bought the rifle, and NO more trigger gremlin! I am very pleased.

I’ve now added an NEA upper in prep for a red dot (possibly the primary arms MD-ADS..?) and a chromed piston. While I wait (impatiently) for the Zendl bolt release and ambi mag release to arrive from Prague, I plan to get out the Dremel and carve a heat shield for the lower hand guard from a stainless steel water bottle.

Offline Manderson727

« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2018, 10:52:19 PM »

anything