Author Topic: Recoil pads  (Read 15674 times)

Offline Gunner4640

Recoil pads
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »
Hello to all, I am a new on here (Houston, TX) and just got my first CZ shotgun the Redhead Deluxe 12 ga. Love the gun !! :)
I am very sure htis has been asked before but Is there a pre-fit recoil pad anywhere to fit the Redhead Deluxe 12 ga? I have search the internet for a week now and I am worn out looking.

Why does CZ even install such a tin pad on a shotgun? Are they asleep over there?

I know I can have one ground to fit but the pricing in my area is really high to do that route, also I am not a wealthy man.
I am not a fan of slip on stuff for fear of stock wear or damage so thats out to.

Thanks to any answers
Dave
NRA Member. S&W 686, Ruger SR 1911 Cmdr - Ruger SR1911 5"- CZ Redhead Deluxe 12 ga TriStar Hunter 20ga - Beretta 9mm -1907 Stevens pump 22, 1849- Colt -Colt-22 & a cheap 22 rifle whose name escapes me right now.

Offline Ruber

Recoil pads
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »
I don't know of any pre-fit pads, but don't feel you need to shy away from the grind to hit pads.  Here's a Pachmayr sc100 on my ultralight:

The pads come with good instructions and the CZ's are about as easy to fit as it gets.

It's hard to get on CZ about the stock pad as they are pretty nice for field guns (hard plastic or metal is what came on my Rem, Browning, and Howa field shotguns).

I wound up putting the pad on the Ultralight because I was really liking it for sporting clays, but I was going through a couple hundred rounds a day in that.

Hope you enjoy the redhead, I've been wanting to pick one up for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gunner4640

Re: Recoil pads
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I will look around and see what I can come up with. I really love the gun
Welcome to the forum to both of us
NRA Member. S&W 686, Ruger SR 1911 Cmdr - Ruger SR1911 5"- CZ Redhead Deluxe 12 ga TriStar Hunter 20ga - Beretta 9mm -1907 Stevens pump 22, 1849- Colt -Colt-22 & a cheap 22 rifle whose name escapes me right now.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:46:54 PM »
Thanks, welcome here too!

On my phone, I can't tell who's new or old.. ;)

Ps.  This topic surfaces over at the Huglu subforum of Shotgun World.  You may have browsed around over there, it's a fun place too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gunner4640

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 02:54:50 PM »
I live close to Briley choke tube people, they installed a nice Kickezz on my redhead, really works great no more shoulder pain.
Briely did a great job to, WOW what a place saw some really nice looking B guns there. cost lots of $$$$$$$ to. out of my price league

Offline Gunney57

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 12:27:22 PM »
I agree with Gunner4640 on Kickeez for sure. Got a couple now and love them. If you go on they're site they have nice schematic patterns showing dimensions and shape. They claim you can grind the made to fit pads and mod them for guns they are close to.

Offline GlenS

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »
Have you tried the magum recoil shield you wear on your shoulder. They really help & only add a small amount to the LOP.