Author Topic: New night sights for the P07  (Read 1120 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
New night sights for the P07
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
Got my sights I ordered last Sunday in the mail this morning.

Removing the front side was easy, already did it last weekend to measure how tall it was (5MM for that particular plastic sight).  Removing the rear sight wasn't very difficult either.  One "wack" with a rubber tipped hammer and it popped right out, too.

Cleaned up small amount of "dirt" under the rear sight.

The new (metal night sight) didn't want to start, played with it a little to keep it lined up and a couple/three taps with that rubber hammer got it started straight.  It went almost all the way in and got stubborn with just a crack of space left at the back of the slot.  Turned the hammer over to the hard/polymer side, set the slide on the arm of the bench and in two wacks had it seated all the way in.  I'd previously cleaned up the threads on the set screw and the sight with alcohol so a little dab of blue Loctite on the threads of the front sight should hold it.  Oh, the slide has a round "hole" in it at the rear of the slot for the set screw to protrude through the sight and contact the slide down in the bottom of that "hole".

The rear sight was easier to get in.  The original plastic rear sight had a hole in the center with an alignment mark matching a similar mark on the top of the slide, but the new metal night sight didn't have a hole in the same spot.  I centered the rear sight without having to use the hammer to move it back the other way.  I'd cleaned up the threads on the set screw and sight with alcohol when I did the front sight.  I didn't put Loctite on this one though as I might have to move it at the range next week.  I'll take the Loctite to the range with me and do the final adjustment/installation there when I find out where my 135 grain noslers hit on the target.

I checked them tonight and they look good.

One other thing.  If there was any info in the description or specifications on the CZ USA website for the night sights that stated they came with set screws, I missed it.  I ordered a couple extra set screws just in case, but the sights came in a Ziploc bag with set screws for each sight and an allen wrench to install the set screws.

I'm happy.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline CAK

Re: New night sights for the P07
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:28:33 PM »
What sights?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: New night sights for the P07
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »
I don't know who makes them.  They are listed on the CZ USA website as fitting the P07 and P09.  The front sight is listed in about 3 different heights.  My P07 had a 5MM tall front sight.  They didn't list a 5MM front sight and the shortest one they listed was 5.25 MM so I bought that one.

CZ USA also has a 15% off thing going on right now.

For what it's worth, I've been told (on internet forums) that the only company making night sights for CZs is Meprolight, but that doesn't mean it's true.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?