Author Topic: Safety question  (Read 758 times)

Offline JonFrost

Safety question
« on: November 27, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »
I have a p07 "duty" that came with the safety installed and no de-cocker. The label on the box says "safety".  My question is if I wanted to use this gun in uspsa or carry etc, but not use the safety (cocked & locked) when I lower the hammer should I stop at the half cock position or lower it all the way down? I thought it should go to half cock which is what a de-cocker does (right?)   But read somewhere guns like that should be carried with the hammer all the way down. Wouldnt that make it likely to go off if dropped? Hope this makes sense...thanks!

Offline Stuart

Re: Safety question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »
The gun has a firing pin block so if you lowered all the way down, should be no issue.
Up to you where you want to place it on the half cock or the full down position for carry.
For competition , the rule for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP is the pistol must be in the fully decocked position for the start.
for safety model guns that is fully down. for decockers that is the halfcock where it drops it.

Offline Chumley

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:48:34 PM »
I am sure you know this, but you can easily order the decocker.  I bought mine from Cabelas and thought that it came with both setups, but I was wrong.

Offline JonFrost

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I will eventually order a de cocker. I much prefer that. Thanks!