Author Topic: A shout out for Matt Mink and Angus Hobdell!  (Read 1744 times)

Offline chrisjohn

A shout out for Matt Mink and Angus Hobdell!
« on: July 26, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »
I just wanted to publicly thank both for really going the extra mile.  I bought an SP01 with the intention of getting into IPSC production and keeping the wife happy by keeping costs low.  Since purchasing the pistol Ive ordered from Angus via www.GhostHolster.com weekly.  His service has been quick and answered my questions.  Try getting parts out of SA or S&W for one their pistols.  

Matt Mink picked up my SP01 with a broken spring yesterday to replace/tune.  Folks, you can beat that.  You really cant.  I hope CZ realizes that sponsored shooters like these really make a difference.  Give those boys a raise!

So buy a SP01 through Matt or Angus.  

Offline Matthew Mink

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »
Thanks John, we try to help the shooters out best we can.

Now, would you be even happier to know that I got your gun done last night?  6.5#DA, 1.7# SA ought to feel good.

Offline chrisjohn

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 07:03:24 AM »
I don't say this lightly folks, but send your SP01 to Matt.  Don't sweat the money.  Matt's trigger work on my pistol is nothing short of superb.  Most of us have had gunsmith work that in the end really didn't accomplish what we wanted, even from big names.  Feel confident in sending your CZ to Matt.

No B**S*** folks, that trigger pull is creep free and less than 2 lbs.  Pre-B sear, competition hammer, firing pin safety removed.  

If you're shooting competition, or attempting to like I am, you owe it to yourself to get this done.  

Matt, thank you.

Got to go switch dies back to 9x19mm

Oh, he fixed my trigger spring too. :)

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 09:55:32 AM »
+1..

also big bonus on living so close...

Offline double pedro

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:21:08 PM »
I'm waiting for my SP01 Tactical from Matt (expect it any day now) and I can't wait to get it and experience his work first hand.  He's a heckuva nice guy, very responsive and, like Angus, his dedication, knowledge and support of CZ's and CZ shooters is a terrific benefit for CZ and CZ customers, alike.

kinsco276

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »
You're going to LOVE the gun after he's done. ;)

Offline Navy87Guy

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »
I can't wait -- I got the call today from my dealer that my SP-01 Tactical came in. I bought it from Matt and had him do a trigger job, sights, etc. I'm dying to get over and pick it up!!

Jim
CZ SP01 Tactical, P-07 w/Kadet Kit, CZ 97BD, P-01 Omega
Sig P220, 226, 227, 228, 365XL, M400 TREAD
Ruger SR1911, .308 GSR, 7.62x39 American Ranch
Beretta M9, 92G, PX4 Storm (9mm/.45), CX4 Storm (92)
Saiga AK-47, S12 shotgun
Keltec P17, P32, SU-22, RDB 17
S&W M&P 9/9C
Eternal Arms Bullpup 12 ga

anything