Author Topic: PO9 - PO7  (Read 7150 times)

Offline jrsczP09

PO9 - PO7
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:08:56 AM »
I love both of my guns.....but in my perfect world, CZ would make a striker fired pistol and you could buy kits from cz or cgw to make them feel like the Apex kits on a M&P.  Please don't flame me, I just think that would be the perfect IDPA, self defense gun ever.  Its Saturday morning and I'm just sitting here drinking my coffee  and wishing.... ::)
George S. Patton: Famous Military Quote
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair."

Offline Firemanjones

Re: PO9 - PO7
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »
CZ already has made my perfect world with D/S action hammer pistols.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline jrsczP09

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »
Yes they are the best SA/DA guns ever.  I agree...but if I could have in my hand a P07 or P09 with a trigger like my M&P / Apex kit, I would think I had died and gone to gun heaven....just saying....

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:00:14 PM »
Have you czecked out Cajun Gun Works stuff? Once you try that on a P-09, you will be in heaven.

Offline jrsczP09

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 01:39:11 PM »
Yes, both of my guns have all the available CGW stuff in them except my hammers are still  stock.  Don't get me wrong, I love these guns, I just want cz to make a striker fired type pistol along the lines of the 07 and 09.

Offline robertk7

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
why?

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »
I just want cz to make a striker fired type pistol along the lines of the 07 and 09.
They did back in '95 until around '06/'07. It's the CZ 100. I just recently acquired one and love it to death. If you care to read my experience with it (with pics), here you go:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=67439.0

Offline jrsczP09

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
why?

Because no matter how good these DA/SA triggers are, I would love to have a Cz type gun with a light apex type trigger.  My m&p apex trigger is incredible.  My 07 and 09 fits my hands perfectly....if I could have the best of both in a cz, that would be incredible... For me at least.  Again, please understand I am not knocking my cz's, they are my favorite pistols.  I just think if cz made a striker fired PO series, it would be a big deal...

Offline copemech

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »
Hammars are the key part of a sweet CZ trigger. Without that you will never know what you are missing. :-\

Offline jrsczP09

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
I just want cz to make a striker fired type pistol along the lines of the 07 and 09.
They did back in '95 until around '06/'07. It's the CZ 100. I just recently acquired one and love it to death. If you care to read my experience with it (with pics), here you go:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=67439.0

Thanks!! Cool read!!! Maybe they will come out with a good striker fired again someday....

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Hammars are the key part of a sweet CZ trigger. Without that you will never know what you are missing. :-\

Lol exactly what I was going to say. The single best improvement is the single thing he left out which is the hammer. I shot an M&P with the Apex kit and while it's much nicer than the factory M&P trigger, I sill didn't see where it was that great.

Offline jrsczP09

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 03:43:16 PM »

I will look into this.  Thanks for the info.  Any recommendation?

Offline viking499

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »

I will look into this.  Thanks for the info.  Any recommendation?

http://cajungunworks.com/p-07_p-09_omega_hammer_kit.html

Offline jrsczP09

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »

Lol exactly what I was going to say. The single best improvement is the single thing he left out which is the hammer. I shot an M&P with the Apex kit and while it's much nicer than the factory M&P trigger, I sill didn't see where it was that great.

Which apex kit did you shoot?  My comp kit rivals most good 1911 triggers.  Hardley any movement.  I've had die hard 1911 guys shoot my m&p and were amazed.  LOL right back at ya.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »

Thanks!! Cool read!!! Maybe they will come out with a good striker fired again someday....
I hear what you are saying and I agree, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As I have said countless other times, CZ (and Beretta) are very successful and seem very happy to stick with a proven formula of using hammer-fired, full- and compact-size pistols.