Author Topic: CZ 75 Compact, weak primer stike Fixed, Range Report.  (Read 2644 times)

Alpha Sierra

Re: CZ 75 Compact, weak primer stike Fixed, Range Report.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »
I fixed the weak primer strikes by replacing the Firing Pin to the longer one that is sold by CGW along with the associated FP spring.
According to CGW, a 15 lb main spring is the lightest that can be used with a OEM firing pin and firing pin spring and not get light primer strikes.

I bring that up for general reference for those who don't know that or missed that statement in CGW's website.

Offline clampit

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 10:12:16 AM »
Your right Alpha Sierra, I made that very mistake by putting a 13.5# main spring in.  A case of a little knowledge being dangerous.  I bought the main spring from CZ Custom before even knowing about CGW.    On advice as noted in the previous post I fixed the problem by going to CGW and  buying the Firing Pin and associated springs.   I did notice the caviot on the CGW website. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:29:15 AM by clampit »

Offline robertk7

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »
"I think at this point I need a new rear sight to move the group higher.  This is at seven yards, off hand, 20 rounds of 124 grain and 20 rounds of 115 grain ammo. "
Quote From your first post.
Taller front sights would do the same thing and probably easier and cheaper to do.

Alpha Sierra

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »
Taller front sights would do the same thing and probably easier and cheaper to do.
Nope.  You need a shorter front sight to move the point of impact higher.

Offline clampit

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:53 PM »
One thing that has helped me remember is "FORS".  F= front sight  O= opposite direction   R= rear sight   S= same direction   (  i.e. if your hitting to the right of the bullseye, move the rear sight to the left to move the impacts to the left towards the bullseye).   (i.e. if your hitting below the bullseye and want to raise the impact spot up towards the bullseye, raise the rear sight or lower the front sight). 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:30:08 AM by clampit »

Offline robertk7

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:16 PM »
My mistake you need to move the front sight to the impact so you are correct shorter front sight

anything