Author Topic: *CZ-USA 2015 Models  (Read 11345 times)

Offline steel

Re: *CZ-USA 2015 Models
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
Don't fault CZC, They already post such things on their website.  IDPA needs to quit changing the rules.  Here is the excerpt from the CZC website before I bought my Shadow T a couple of years ago.

CZ 75 Shadow T BLACK (91703) 9x19
IDPA Approved! SSP Legal
Matt BLACK Slide And BLACK Poly Coat Frame..
Pre B Configuration Shadow Slide NO firing pin blocks.
Fully Adjustable Champion Rear Sight.
Fiber Optic Front Sight  (1.0mm Insert)
CZ 75 SA Style Short Dust Cover, Swept Hi Rise Beaver tail Frame.

I would have went with the fixed sight version if I knew that IDPA was going to change the rules.  I wanted the adjustable sights because 9MMs in my experience have very different points of impact using different bullet weights and powders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »
Steel the rules haven't changed as it relates to either pistol.  The most significant change was to increase the weight limit to 43 oz. for SSP.  The problem is folks don't read the rules or read what they want to see, then complain when their gun doesn't meet the rules.  Sorry but I have little sympathy especially when these same folks then turn around and complain the rules don't fit their guns and claim the rules have changed.  SSP is for factory stoock guns made by CZ UB not customized guns put together by CZ Custom.  The IDPA rulebook went 8 years without a change.  The SSP weight limit rose to 43 oz as a result of some of us lobbying HQ to make the change to allow guns like the SP-01 Shadow into SSP Division.

As to CZ Custom they don't indicate the pistol is IDPA compliant and I suspect they know that, so why not publish the fact.

Right now you can't buy regular SP-01 Shadows in the US because CZ Custom is marketing guns via CZ USAcosting almost twice as much for very little improvement over the stock SP-01 Shadow we get here for around $850Cdn.  or $722US.   CZ USA could bring them in if they wanted to and likely at an even better price but they don't.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Alpha Sierra

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
IDPA could do everyone a favor and create an approved handgun list for each division.

Oh wait, that would mean doing something like USPSA and IPSC.  Can't have that.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
IDPA could do everyone a favor and create an approved handgun list for each division.

Oh wait, that would mean doing something like USPSA and IPSC.  Can't have that.

+1, The last sentence has nothing to do with the decision not to post a list for SSP.  The rules for the guns allowed in SSP are pretty straight forward and IDPA assumes since you own a gun you should be able to read.  Some can`t apparently. 

As an aside IPSC has a different list than USPSA.  Given the sports are virtually identical at first glance one might ask why.  Most of what CZ Custom produces as ``CZ Custom Guns`` would not pass an IPSC inspection for their Production Division.

Take care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Alpha Sierra

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
As an aside IPSC has a different list than USPSA.  Given the sports are virtually identical at first glance one might ask why.  Most of what CZ Custom produces as ``CZ Custom Guns`` would not pass an IPSC inspection for their Production Division.
Completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »

CZ Custom would do their customers a favour and reference IDPA HQ with their various models then post either "IDPA Approved" or "Not IDPA Approved".  By doing so their customers could choose their purchases with confidence their gun will be approved for the sport they intend to play.

no reference on our website to any model being IDPA approved.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »

CZ Custom would do their customers a favour and reference IDPA HQ with their various models then post either "IDPA Approved" or "Not IDPA Approved".  By doing so their customers could choose their purchases with confidence their gun will be approved for the sport they intend to play.

no reference on our website to any model being IDPA approved.

Stuart you make great guns and provide excellent service or at least that has been my experience.  It would be helpful to some of your customers if you would post ``IDPA Approved`` or ``Not IDPA Approved`` as the case may be.  Your customers could then make intelligent decisions as to what models they should buy for the purposes they intend to use the gun for.  It would save you phone calls and any hard feelings when a customer buys the gun thinking it is IDPA approved when it isn`t.  You have done that in the past if memory serves me right.

Merry Christmas

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »
Canuck44,
Stuart did us all a favor by giving us a heads up on what CZ Custom is planning for 2015.  Your posts in this this thread have been in poor taste and detracts from the main purpose of this thread.  Your contributions to this thread are derogatory and your last post is totally disingenuous.   

I've only been here a short time and don't know you, but you certainly come off like you're the resident expert in IDPA and IPSC.  I suggest you start your own thread where you can lecture the rest of us and set us straight with your wisdom. 

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »
Canuck44,
Stuart did us all a favor by giving us a heads up on what CZ Custom is planning for 2015.  Your posts in this this thread have been in poor taste and detracts from the main purpose of this thread.  Your contributions to this thread are derogatory and your last post is totally disingenuous.   

I've only been here a short time and don't know you, but you certainly come off like you're the resident expert in IDPA and IPSC.  I suggest you start your own thread where you can lecture the rest of us and set us straight with your wisdom.
[/quote

Really.  My last post offered up a helpful suggestion.  Noting whether is approved for one competition or another helps us all and saves time in choosing one of his products.  It would be smart marketing, other companies do it and CZ Custom has done so in the past.  Thank you for the suggestion I will take in under advisement.  Next time you read a post here about somebody who has bought a product to play on of the games only to find out it doesn`t comply with the rules of the sport he or she wants to play think of this thread.

Merry Christmas

Bob
ps I trust you are not offended by the wish

Je Suis Charlie

Offline gdawgs56

*CZ-USA 2015 Models
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 03:38:01 AM »
Canuck, if someone buys a pistol without doing the research first and making sure it qualifies for what they want it to do then it's their own fault if it doesn't qualify. It's not CZC's job at all.

I feel like this thread should get back to the original topic.. CZ's new offerings, not suggestions to CZC.
CZ75 SP-01 Tactical Custom 9mm
MP 9mm 2.0
Glock 19

Offline Tok36

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 04:08:43 AM »
Canuck, if someone buys a pistol without doing the research first and making sure it qualifies for what they want it to do then it's their own fault if it doesn't qualify. It's not CZC's job at all.

I feel like this thread should get back to the original topic.. CZ's new offerings, not suggestions to CZC.

^^Indeed. Anyone notice how sexy CZC's new offering are? I want um!
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline K-Dog

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »
I guess I'm kind of against the grain here too and will agree with Canuck44 (to an extent). I'm a newer shooter looking to get into USPSA and maybe IDPA and it is VERY difficult trying to decipher which gun is legal for what. Especially when there are hundreds of posts and threads stating one thing or another to muddy the water. And yes, I've read the rule books for both leagues before anyone pulls that card on me. I've been trying to decide which CZ to buy for over two weeks now. Not to mention, I've left 2 voicemails with the CZ Custom shop with nothing returned.

Just something as simple as mentioning what division the pistol is intended for would be very helpful. I somewhat hold the manufacturer or third party businesses responsible for making mention of this. There is nothing more frustrating than spending $1,000+ on a piece of equipment that you later find out is illegal. We can sit here and say to read up and do your research but it appears nothing is concrete when you start reading online. This thread is exciting to see what's in store for 2015 but it's just 2 more guns to add to the confusion if you ask me. Just my opinion from a fellow CZ lover :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:01:17 AM by K-Dog »
CZ 452 American LH - CZ 452 Lux LH - (2) CZ P10C - CZ Scorpion Evo 3 - CZ Bren 2MS

Offline Stuart

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 10:37:31 AM »
Sorry if we have missed your call. Behind a bit on the voicemails too.
a flurry of calls from Calif folks as SSE goes away and people in the showroom before Christmas
Please email me your question ( in my sig ).Happy to help.

if you are looking for IDPA SSP guns. From interpreting the rules.
any of the factory guns, from the custom line- 91030 Shadow Custom, 91715 75 Shadow Custom, 91705 75 Shadow DA/SA.
ESP has a lot of what you want on your gun

for USPSA Production- SP01 SHadow ACCU, SP01 Shadow Target, SP01 Custom 2014, 75 Shadow Custom, 75 Shadow, most of the factory guns.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:41:02 AM by Stuart »

Alpha Sierra

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »
I guess I'm kind of against the grain here too and will agree with Canuck44 (to an extent). I'm a newer shooter looking to get into USPSA and maybe IDPA and it is VERY difficult trying to decipher which gun is legal for what.
I can understand your confusion reading that cluster$%*& called the IDPA rulebook.

But USPSA has a clearly written list of approved pistols for Production division, a clear list of approved modifications that you can do to any pistol on that list, and a repository of OFFICIAL rule clarifications.  It doesn't get much easier than that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:42:12 AM by Alpha Sierra »

Offline jinn707

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
I guess I'm kind of against the grain here too and will agree with Canuck44 (to an extent). I'm a newer shooter looking to get into USPSA and maybe IDPA and it is VERY difficult trying to decipher which gun is legal for what. Especially when there are hundreds of posts and threads stating one thing or another to muddy the water. And yes, I've read the rule books for both leagues before anyone pulls that card on me. I've been trying to decide which CZ to buy for over two weeks now. Not to mention, I've left 2 voicemails with the CZ Custom shop with nothing returned.

Just something as simple as mentioning what division the pistol is intended for would be very helpful. I somewhat hold the manufacturer or third party businesses responsible for making mention of this. There is nothing more frustrating than spending $1,000+ on a piece of equipment that you later find out is illegal. We can sit here and say to read up and do your research but it appears nothing is concrete when you start reading online. This thread is exciting to see what's in store for 2015 but it's just 2 more guns to add to the confusion if you ask me. Just my opinion from a fellow CZ lover :)

K-Dog,

Why ask CZC what is or isn't legal?  Why not pose the question to the organizations themselves?

IDPA:
http://www.idpa.com/contact-us

USPSA:
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-contact-us.php
NROI Director
Troy McManus
dnroi@uspsa.org
+1 (225) 205-4797

If all else fails, I'd make a post on the Brian Enos Forums:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?s=d94c0bc4dc7523d73fd4876d99f3c556&showforum=83

While I know Stuart's an experienced shooter/gamer, you can get the feedback of other experienced shooters instead of just relying on one person.

Sorry to derail the thread .... back to the regularly scheduled program.

anything