Author Topic: How do you like your RAMI for CC?  (Read 16453 times)

Offline ethangsmith

Re: How do you like your RAMI for CC?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
Glad to see this thread. I bought a RAMI and plan to conceal it. What's a good holster for a skinny dude that has trouble concealing? Also what is this Pearce extension thingy you speak of?
Czech it out!

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »
Here's a link to what the extension actually looks like:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/191437/pearce-grip-extension-magazine-base-pad-springfield-xdm-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-compact

Basically, it gives your pinky a place to ride on the 10 round magazines. Instead of the pinky being placed underneath the mag base. It's totally a personal preference.

I bought two of the extensions and modified them myself. It's a pretty simple DIY project and there are a couple videos on YouTube. I believe a forum member modifes and sells them as well but I couldn't find the thread.

Check out High Noon Holsters. Lots of products including IWB tuckable options.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 10:48:35 AM »
Glad to see this thread. I bought a RAMI and plan to conceal it. What's a good holster for a skinny dude that has trouble concealing? Also what is this Pearce extension thingy you speak of?

Check ebay for the extension, there is a guy on there that makes them from a different magazine extension.  They work great.

For holster I have a "cruiser" model from Wright Leather Works. I use them for all my holsters.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 11:04:23 AM »
Here's a fellow forum member that makes and sells them http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=67483.msg484169#msg484169
   I also recommend Highnoon Holsters. I carry my Rami in a Double Jeopardy,  with their Rock Steady belt. Very comfortable. IMHO
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 11:37:03 AM »
Excellent info guys! I'll hunt down some XD extensions and do them myself. I just modified some VZ grips the other day for my full size, so doing a little sanding on a cheap extension shouldn't be too hard. As holsters go, is IWB or OWB preferred? Since I'm a skinny dude, I'm wondering if OWB would be more comfortable. I'll take a look through High Noon's stuff.
Czech it out!

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
To help get an idea of what you prefer (IWB vs. OWB) Try picking up a couple cheap holsters. They might not be as comfortable but no need in spending a lot just to find out that you don't like that particular carry method.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
I'm a skinny guy as well and carry IWB. It's really a function of how I dress everyday. OWB just doesn't work for me everyday.

Plus it depends on how the CCW laws in your state are worded (partially concealed, mostly concealed, printing, etc.).

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
So, I went to the gun shop today and there are apparently several different Pearce extensions for the XD- There's the XD, XDM, XDS, XD+, and a few others for 45's. Any idea which one I need? Doing some Google searching hasn't yielded any results.
Czech it out!

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »
It's the XDM .9mm/.40.  This video shows how to do it.

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 07:43:05 PM »
Thank you! I'll have to track one down and experiment.
Czech it out!

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
Take an exacto knife to it and remove the elevated ridge around the top of the extension.  Then sand it down from there. Keep going until you remove enough material to get the magazine to lock into the frame properly.

Take a little off, test fit, repeat.  ;)

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 02:52:46 AM »
It's the XDM .9mm/.40.  This video shows how to do it.

I tried that and it doesn't work so well. In order to get the mag to fit in the mag well, you have to grind the extension to the point that it's weakened. Weakened to the point that it can pop off and dump the entire contents of the magazine on the floor. Not good for defensive carry.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 08:54:03 AM »
I used this video as reference. And as Googe suggested, used a knife to get the bulk down first. I've had absolutely zero issues with mine.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »
Ditto. I have had zero problems with the two that I have modified and have not seen any weakening of the material. Certainly not to the point where the extension let loose.

Obviously, YMMV as MeatAxe has stated.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »
I have modified two with zero problems. I did not experience any weakening of the material. Mine have never popped off. Are you sure that you are not taking too much off? Since the addition I have put several hundred rounds through the pistol with no issues.