Author Topic: The SIG Brace, and why I am posting this here  (Read 4045 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
The SIG Brace, and why I am posting this here
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:21:39 PM »
ATFE issued an official letter yesterday about the accessory for AR style pistols known as the SIG SB-15 Stabilizing Brace, which is designed to fit on the buffer tube and allow the user to strap it across the forearm to provide a more stable platform to shoot an AR style or other "rifle" styled pistol. This device was originally issued and said however someone misuses it is inconsequential to it's legality. The official letter from ATFE yesterday stated very matter of factly that all previous letters are null and void, and that anyone who uses the SIG brace, by name, as a shoulder stock, has created an NFA firearm requiring a Form 1 and transfer tax.Due to this report, CZF will request that all members do NOT post pictures of their EVOs or BREN 805 pistols with SIG Brace "shouldered", do not "poke the bear" as it were, since ATFE agents are now fully aware they can prosecute based on this ruling.Wait for a test case to make it's way through the courts, as it will very likely be the one that knocks a large part of NFA '34 into the dustbin of history, but unless you have unlimited Soros style resources, I wouldn't go volunteering for that trip. The forum also doesn't have those resources if ATFE decided that we allowed/promoted photos of illegal content on our pages. I realize there are a ton of photos out there of people with the Brace in place, including on CZ-USA home page, all done prior to yesterday - I am referring to new ones from today on, taken to do the "in your face, ATFE!" Do that on Facebook. In the meantime we wait for the official ruling if the EVO and BREN 805 pistols can be legally registered as Short Barreled Rifles, which I am hoping for, which will allow us to have an NFA section at last, and to see if our US Congress has the stones to challenge ATFE on this nonsensical ruling. Please respect this request, and I thank all members for their support.

Link to the ATFE letter,
http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/breaking-11615-atf-issues-open-letter-declaring-the-shouldering-of-sig-brace-illegal/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:26:16 PM by armoredman »

Offline RSR

Re: The SIG Brace, and why I am posting this here
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »
Any further word on the 922r parts from CZ-USA to legally achieve a SBR configuration/registration?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:37:01 PM »
Not yet, hoping we hear something soon, but I'm expecting a six month wait, seems to be ATFE's usual wait time.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »
Thank you for the heads up.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Farside457

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »
I love how they write a "letter" and bam laws change seems very tolitarian to me... No vote no voice my way or the highway. But I'm sure im not the only one to notice

Offline itchinesu

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »
the whole concept of usage taking precedence over design is absurd. by the same logic, trying to fire a 1911 wedged against your shoulder magically turns it into an SBR.

anything