Author Topic: issues with new Bobwhite  (Read 3948 times)

Offline texcl

issues with new Bobwhite
« on: January 20, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
So I just got my new bobwhite 20ga in, first the cross bolt sticks out so much that there is no way it is interfacing the bolt hole on the far side of the action, it is also loose enough it moves back and forth 1/8" but sticks out of the action 1/4". second, the firing pins are dragging on the shell casing after firing making it really hard to open, third the rear trigger is so hard my son has a hard time firing it. This is all very disappointing, guess it will have to go back with less than a box of shells through it. Every Russian shotgun I've ever owned was better made at under $250. On the bright side, my son loves it's handling characteristics and was busting clays left and right. Hopefully they can get it fixed and back to me in a hurry.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:17:08 PM by texcl »

Offline BDG

Re: issues with new Bobwhite
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
Wow, that's a bummer. Too bad you couldn't actually hold and inspect the gun before you purchased it.
I'm sure CZ will treat you right. They appear to have remedied any issues I have read about from other members.

Wish you the best on the Bobwhite.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:05:44 PM »
There seem to have a few been QC issues reported with these shotguns. Give CZ a call.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline texcl

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:26:06 PM »
Yeah, I already shot them an email, hopefully they can fix it quick, the cross bolt issue bothers me the most, I'm not sure that can be fixed by tweeking it, I've owned some real nice German Sauer's with cross bolts and all of them closed flush with the receiver and there was certainly no play, you really can't count on it to lock anything if there is play. It seems that with the barrel installed the bolt can't close, so I think that is out of whack too. As long as I get one back in perfect order within 2-3 weeks I guess I'll be ok with it. Son is disappointed though, it was a birthday gift.

Offline texcl

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
Spoke with them today, they want me to send it in, they said to expect it to be gone for 4-6 weeks.

Offline texcl

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
received this email yesterday...........

"Your repair has been completed and will ship shortly.

Item: 06123 - BOBWHITE 202B (CASE HARDENED)

Serial Number: 14C3----

Description: PEIRCING PRIMERS

Work Performed: SHORTENED FIRING PINS, LIGHTENED TRIGGER PULLS, CROSS BOLT IS A SECONDARY LOCKING PART, THE GUN IS HELD SHUT BY THE LOCKING BLOCK, THE CROSS BOLT DOES ENGAGE THE HOLE IN THE BARREL EXTENSION WHEN THE GUN IS CLOSED. TEST FIRED GOOD 2-3/4" AND 3" SHELLS.

Once your firearm has shipped, you will receive an additional email with tracking information from FedEx within 24hrs.".......

I think the cross bolt explanation is lame, as the cross bolt is loose and will move on it's own if you shake the weapon. Also it protrudes far enough that it doesn't engage the hole on the far side of the receiver, it does however go through the barrel tang but that is not how it is supposed to work. We will put 1k rounds through it and see if this doesn't tighten itself up with the break in (by some miracle).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:33:02 PM by texcl »

Offline texcl

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
received it back...........

look how far the bolt sticks out when it is closed normally, it is also so loose you can pull it in and out with light finger pressure, in this condition the bolt doesn't engage the hole in the right side of the receiver. CZ has blown this off as not being an important part and not to worry about it. I expected more, for $200 more I could have bought a Franchi instinct. I won't be buying another CZ product.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:03:41 PM by texcl »

Offline texcl

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »
A video on how loose the cross bolt is.Mind you this is after I sent it in. I'm posting all this on about 4 forums so far, would have been ok if CZ had fixed it. Click on the image to play.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:46:47 PM by texcl »