Author Topic: How often should firing pin spring be changed?  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Tim_B

How often should firing pin spring be changed?
« on: January 26, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
I have a 75B that is a year old and has just under 10,000 rounds through it.  I have already changed out the recoil spring a couple of times when it began to get weak but that is the only spring I have changed so far.  The primers on my ejected casings still have a nice neat round hole with no "skid marks" so it appears the firing pin is still being retracted by the time the barrel cams down and unlocks.  So my question is how long does a firing pin spring last?  And, how about a hammer spring?

Offline Tok36

Re: How often should firing pin spring be changed?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
Good question. I would like to hear an answer to this as well.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:06:22 PM »
FWIW,  I don't know the recommended interval,  but on my 75B with extended FP etc,  it's been replaced ONCE in over 40K rds.  No problems at all using only FedSPPs and light loads for minor PF competition. The FP spring change was when I installed the extended FP.  Guessing over 20K rds back.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »
As Wolff provides a new Firing Pin Spring with every new Recoil Spring, I generally replace it with the Recoil Spring, when needed.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Tim_B

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:08:35 PM »
I figured it would probably last a long time.  It is the stiffest doggone firing pin spring I have ever encountered.  I don't know how the hammer imparts enough force to the firing pin to even ignite one primer with that stiff spring in there.  I will probably just leave it alone until I start to see skid marks on the primers.

anything