Author Topic: CZ Competition Front Sight or Fiber-Optic front sight?  (Read 2410 times)

Offline hartzpad

CZ Competition Front Sight or Fiber-Optic front sight?
« on: March 05, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »
I want to add some competition sights to my SP-01 as well as install a Single Action trigger for better trigger feel.  I can't decide if I would prefer a standard black CZ Competition Front Sight or the Fiber-Optic front sight.  I'm leaning towards the fiber-optic but I have never shot a gun with one installed, seems that it would make it very easy to line up with the flat black rear CZ Competition Rear Sight, but some have said that they don't like fiber-optic front sights.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I also plan to add a 15 lb. mainspring and 11lb. recoil spring.  I don't need the full Angus "Shadow" treatment, but I would like the feel of a single action stright trigger over the DA/SA curved trigger and a slightly lighter SA pull with some easier to see and line up CZ competition sights.  I always shoot cocked and locked anyways and don't ever use DA, unless I have to double strike a .22lr w/ my Kadet kit installed which is pretty rare.

CZ Competition Front Sight

Fiber-Optic front sight

Offline Stuart

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »
tough to decide...

I tried the 1.5mm FO front sight and had some trouble with me being able to shoot it accurately..

I switched both my SP01s to the black competition front sight and serrated the blade...

I shoot this sight setup very well...and have no problem with it...

since Angus now sell a 1mm FO front sight..I am planning to buy one and give the smaller version a try..

every shooter is different and how your eyes line things up will be different...my suggestion would be to get both and try them out...I would think you would like the FO front sight..as most people tend to pick it up quickly and are able to shoot them well...for some reason I was not able too with the 1.5mm version...I am hoping I might see some difference with the new version..

here is the sight picture with the plain black

Offline hartzpad

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 02:35:42 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm pretty confident that I will like the 1mm fiber-optic sight over the regular black and I'm sure that they will both be better than the stock SP-01 wanne-be night sights.

How hard are they to install?  Are they a file to fit gunsmith job or can the average shooter install them at home?  Do you need a new rollpin for the front sight to install them?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 02:53:50 PM »
Actually pretty simple..

drive out the roll pin..tap out old sight.

tap in new sight..make sure it fits up nice and tight..

then you have a choice..
1. take a cordless drill, with a bit that fits the hole or slightly smaller and using the hole as your guide..make the groove  for the roll pin to fit in the base of the sight..
or
2. us the drill to mark the sight..then take file to make the groove for the roll pin to fit..

On the two I have fit... I used a vise to hold the slide stable throughout the process...

hope that helps a little..

anything