Author Topic: Something that makes me smile about Glock fanboys  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
Re: Something that makes me smile about Glock fanboys
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 12:57:27 AM »
Although I had a CZ 83 on order at the time, I was fortunate to have shot several handguns before it arrived, including a CZ 75 B and a Glock 19.  Of the handguns I shot that day, three stood out:
  • a 1911A1, because it was surprisingly easy to shoot, without the dreaded recoil I had expected;
  • the Glock 19, because, despite trying very hard to shoot it accurately and precisely, I couldn't hit squat with it; and,
  • the CZ 75 B, because my jaw literally dropped upon realizing how accurate and precise it was (it easily outshot a Ruger Mark III).
There is no doubt that many Glock fans are herd animals.  Running with the herd is a safe choice for many, especially those who are not analytical.  The upcoming US Army modular handgun competition for the military's next generation sidearm will be interesting.  I don't know if CZ will enter the fray, but Glock certainly will.  I'm guessing that Perfection won't win.
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline Independent George

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »
I've come to the conclusion that outside of bullseye matches, accuracy really has more to do with ergonomics than anything inherent to the gun itself.

My CZ's give me an unearned sense of accomplishment because of how comfortable they are in my hands. I imagine there are plenty of people who shoot Glocks better, but you likely wouldn't find them on a CZ forum. The same goes for just about any make & model - everybody's hands are shaped differently.
CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline Blue9

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 10:39:10 AM »
I shoot very tight groups with GLOCKs, but they don't fit me well. I have to consciously grip the pistol in an un-natural manner to shoot straight, otherwise I pull the shots to the left. Great guns, just not built for my hand. 
-Blue

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Winkel

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »
Yes, I think the ergos and trigger are most of it.  I was shooting with a buddy that has an XDM, 9mm.  Off the bags, I was hitting an 8" steel target at 50 yards consistently with my 75B, but neither of us could hit it even once with his XD. 

I'm just not a fan of the striker fired guns but both of my CZ's just feel like they were made for my hands.

anything