Author Topic: CZ Custom h-tac and fiber optic vs CGW comp sights  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Blue9

CZ Custom h-tac and fiber optic vs CGW comp sights
« on: February 23, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »
Looking for comparisons or opinions on those sight options. Most importantly, does the h-tac give you the same POI as the stock sights. I noticed the h-tac appears to be a taller rear than the regular CZ custom tac rear sight.
-Blue

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Blue9

Re: CZ Custom h-tac and fiber optic vs CGW comp sights
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »
There doesn't seem to much data or opinions on these so I went ahead and ordered the h-tac and fiber optic front from CZ custom...along with a comp hammer and extra strength sear spring. Review and pics to follow... ;D
-Blue

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline reshp1

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »
The H-Tac does seem to be 1mm taller, going by the front sight that is recommended. I ended up going with the Tac. With the 5.5mm front sight CZC recommends, my pistol shoots slightly high (1" at 25 feet, about 3"-4" at 25 yards). The 6mm would actually have beem perfect. YMMV.

The CGW sight also appears to be quite a bit taller, they recommend a 5.6mm front sight, but that's measured from the top of the slide. CZC measures from the bottom of the dovetail base, which adds ~2mm.

Offline Blue9

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »
Good info! Thanks. I'll swap front sights if my POI is off with the 6.5mm front sight.
-Blue

Offline Iworktoshoot

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 03:24:51 AM »
Blue, did you install your sights, and if so, how was POI with 6mm?  My stock P07 sights give a ~2" high POI at 21', so I don't know if I need 6mm or 6.5mm.

Thanks!

anything