Author Topic: CZ 452 Ultralux super exclusive accuracy  (Read 13136 times)

Offline Marky

CZ 452 Ultralux super exclusive accuracy
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Hi all! I recently purchased several CZ 452 and 455 rifles along with extra barrels for the 455's. I read, on one the forums, that the 452 ultralux super exclusive is not as accurate as the shorter barreled CZ's. I can say from my experience that the ultralux is nearly as accurate as my 452 American and both are more accurate than the 455's. As far as ammo is concerned, all of my CZ shoot the Federal automatch and CCI standard velocity  better than anything else including the high dollar ammo. That's a real plus! I love these guns and would love to hear if anyone  else had similar experience.  Also, the longer barrel seems to love the stingers and velocitor!

Offline viking499

Re: CZ 452 Ultralux super exclusive accuracy
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
CCI SV is good ammo.  That is about al I shot before the drought.  Have bought what I could find in stock over the past two years, but still prefer the CCI.

My UL wears a set OD BRNO peep sights.  The longer barrel and the open sights make an awesome combination.

The 452's out shooting the 455's does not surprise me.  I, along with others have had the same experience.

My UL is one of my most accurate CZ's.  I don't think the longer barrels is going to limit accuracy in anyway.  Possibly velocity, but not accuracy.  My longer barrel CZ's shoot better than my shorter ones, except for maybe my FS.

Offline Marky

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »
Well, I used a scope and bags to test the accuracy of the ultralux. My plan is to go back to peep sight. Have any of you guys tried out the peep sights with fancy iris, sunshade and globe for the front sight? I have a peep sight replacement in place of my rear sight but my 47 year old eyes are not as good as they once was. It would be nice to have at least one gun without glass 8n it. Any suggestions?

Offline viking499

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:35 PM »
BRNO sights.  Here is my rear.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:11:38 PM by viking499 »

Offline Marky

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
That's a nice gun you have! What does the sight picture look like with that setup? Does the iris magnifying the target or can you get a shot of what you see?
Thanks

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
That's a nice gun you have! What does the sight picture look like with that setup? Does the iris magnifying the target or can you get a shot of what you see?
Thanks

No magnification on the iris.  Just adjustable for size (diameter of hole).  Didn't think it would help that much until I got one.  It is the best thing I have done for the sights and my eyes.

With these sights, you look through the rear and focus on the object while center with the front.  Easy to use and does a very good job.  They make metal and plastic inserts with different variations for the front center (circle, post, crosshairs etc.)

Offline Marky

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »
Thanks for your help viking. Do you have more than one CZ rim fire? I asked because I have several now (i'm not rich just did a lot of trading lol) So far I would say that I really like the 452 line much better than the 455. I like the finish much better on the wood and the bluing. But, I can say that my 455 Varmint seems to cycle smoother and is only slightly less accurate than my 452 American. My 452 ultralux is just cool with the long barrel and when I can afford to get me some those peeps sights from Denny I should be set for a while....I hope! These gun are so easy to shoot and soo accurate they can be boring to shoot....HA! just kidding Thanks

Offline viking499

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 09:09:20 PM »
Thanks for your help viking. Do you have more than one CZ rim fire? I asked because I have several now (i'm not rich just did a lot of trading lol) So far I would say that I really like the 452 line much better than the 455. I like the finish much better on the wood and the bluing. But, I can say that my 455 Varmint seems to cycle smoother and is only slightly less accurate than my 452 American. My 452 ultralux is just cool with the long barrel and when I can afford to get me some those peeps sights from Denny I should be set for a while....I hope! These gun are so easy to shoot and soo accurate they can be boring to shoot....HA! just kidding Thanks

Do I own more than one.......that's funny.....filled one hand, working on the second.

I have had two 455's so far......don't have any right now.  Would say I will again somewhere down the road, but as long as 452's are available........

Denny's sights are a hoot to shoot.pick up a Gehman 510 adjustable iris, adapter, shade tube and a few different front inserts to experiment with and you will be set for a long time.

Offline BinhThuyUSN

• Freedom is not Free.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Marky, this is the sight setup on my 452 FS 22lr. A Gehmann 590 rear sight with adjustable Gehmann iris and a CZ Std match front globe. My other 452 rifle is a 17hmr Trainer and on that rifle I have the CZ Std Match front and rear sight set up. I have not taken a picture of it yet but will soon and will post.

Offline Marky

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »
Does the rear have any magnification?can you get a shot of what you when you look thru it? BTW thats a nice setup you have there. As soon as can figure it out I'll  post pictures too.

Offline viking499

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 10:30:41 PM »
You can get magnification for some of the sights.  Mine does not have one and and I am not sure if you can get it for my model.

Here is a good place to look at items.  My 510 came from here.

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx?p=categoryBody&c=OPAIGE

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=510

Offline BinhThuyUSN

• Freedom is not Free.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
Marky, my apologies for the late reply. I have no magnification on the rear sight, but the iris is adjustable and with 60+ year old eyes and bifocals; I am shooting good scores in the 4 position (prone, sitting, kneeling and standing) informal rimfire league at my local shooting range. Like you it is fun to shoot with scoped rifles but with the iron sighted rifles (FS 22lr and Trainer 17hmr) the shooting experience takes on a new dimension. As an added shooting enjoyment experience, at my local shooting range I participate in a .177 caliber air rifle league.

Offline USMC Retired

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
Hi,

I had the barrel on my 455 shortened, the trigger reduced, and added a Boyd's thumbhole stock.  Folks at Ranger Point Precision did the work for me.  Yesterday, with a Bushnell 6500 and a Caldwell Led Sled I was able to put nine rounds in a .5 inch target pasty at 50 yards.  I don't have enough endurance in my shooting mechanics to do it consistently, but I have been able to achieve 1 inch groups or better out to 100 yards.  The kicker is that I did it all with weight and rim thickness sorted Winchester 36 grain CPHPs in the 555 pack.  Just about the least expensive ammo I can find.  On no wind daysat any range under 200 yards I can detect no difference in comparison with CCI Green Tag.  What are you seeing with your 452?  r/s Mark

Offline Marky

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 07:44:09 AM »
It's funny that you mention how well your 455 shoots the Winchester ammo because all of my CZ's have a terrible time with that ammo except my 452 ultralux and it is the only one that isn't picky about ammo. My ultralux even seems to like the stinger and the velocitor round. I have to wander if it's the longer barrel that helps with the super fast stuff. How long is you barrel now? BTW sounds like your a bleep good shot!