Author Topic: CZC Comp hammer vs. CGW Race hammer with CGW SRK parts  (Read 7315 times)

Offline schmeky

Re: CZC Comp hammer vs. CGW Race hammer with CGW SRK parts
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »
Blue9,

Great answer and well said. 

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 11:32:51 PM »
What Schmeky said.

Offline copemech

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:21:23 AM »
I might say this:

Why do you want any different hammer in a carry gun? That little bit of creep aint gonna hurt you  if you have to use it. You gotta sweep the trigger, go do some tactical training and rapid fire.

I want some tac feedback before the hammer goes down, I want to feel it, even if it is short I want to feel the wall.

Ok, so I will tell you both my 7 and 9 are currently fully cajunized less hammer, been costing me a lot of ammo shooting them back to back and comparing to my 75 and 01 in race trim.

I like them all, but the 7 and 9 are battle guns in my mind. They both work well, and they each have their advantages, but in a recent test I did no better with the race guns in a SD situ., nevermind the lighter than your mind works trigger.

All said, I may yet take the P09 to the higher level of the shorter sear for longer range and better precision with the chrisper pull and hoping for around 3.5, but I am getting around smooth 4 out of the stock and longer with a well polished rigs and nothing to laugh at for your average carry gun.

Offline Magsz

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 10:41:31 AM »
I might say this:

Why do you want any different hammer in a carry gun? That little bit of creep aint gonna hurt you  if you have to use it. You gotta sweep the trigger, go do some tactical training and rapid fire.

I want some tac feedback before the hammer goes down, I want to feel it, even if it is short I want to feel the wall.

Ok, so I will tell you both my 7 and 9 are currently fully cajunized less hammer, been costing me a lot of ammo shooting them back to back and comparing to my 75 and 01 in race trim.

I like them all, but the 7 and 9 are battle guns in my mind. They both work well, and they each have their advantages, but in a recent test I did no better with the race guns in a SD situ., nevermind the lighter than your mind works trigger.

All said, I may yet take the P09 to the higher level of the shorter sear for longer range and better precision with the chrisper pull and hoping for around 3.5, but I am getting around smooth 4 out of the stock and longer with a well polished rigs and nothing to laugh at for your average carry gun.

Battle guns?  Rapid fire?  Tactical training? "Sweeping the trigger?"  CAK want's a "better" hammer in his carry gun because he can have one.  Whether or not the "creep" is going to hurt you during "battle" is an immaterial point that is not worthy of discussion.  The only point worth discussing is whether or not the hammers themselves are reliable enough for carry purposes.

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
Blue9: I appreciated your answer to my question. It all makes good sense to me. I too shoot more than a few kind of pistols in practice. Some I would never concealed carry.

But in the end, I don't feel like getting used to those other guns will necessarily mess me up in a self-defense situation--not as long as I also keep practicing with my carry gun. I guess your muscles can have more than just one memory. Gee, my hand's memory is better than my brain's memory!

Hey, weren't we talking about hammers? I can't remember.

Offline FireFly

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 10:36:35 AM »
Good information and worth reposting. Many would ask the same question.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:47:47 PM by FireFly »
Because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

--Your faithful dog

1911Tuner (That one's my own. I'm a rescuer. It's what I do)

Offline Vhanflsanchl

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 01:28:51 AM »
Noob question but the hard decock sounds a little scary to me. Will the internals always prevent the hammer from fully slamming down on the firing pin accidentally?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2023, 05:09:43 AM »
Noob question but the hard decock sounds a little scary to me. Will the internals always prevent the hammer from fully slamming down on the firing pin accidentally?
Wow another thread back from the dead! There's nothing to fear the decocker ALWAYS drops the hammer to the half cock notch and the firing pin is blocked as well. Unless some one was to make an unsafe modification to the safety notch on the hammer it will be just fine.

anything