Author Topic: new to the 97 club. need opinions/help  (Read 739 times)

Offline dreith92

new to the 97 club. need opinions/help
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:52:08 AM »
Hi all, I have come down with a bad case czarrhea.
I have been in search of an SP01 for a few months prior. Well in my search I found a Deawoo DP51C  (pretty far from anything cz)
That was a great find, but still not a cz. So a week goes by and im b in another LGS looking around and they had an sp01.....in 40s&w!
Look around an find a semi compact baby eagle. Another week goes by and still no sp01! But for the right price there was a Witness in 45! So I bought it on a whim knowing that it is a tad slimmer then the 97b. Yet another week goes by and I find a place in NH that deals with a lot of CZ'S. Finally I found an sp01!!!but he has a pro tek 2 in cz gold for 1500! Hard decision there and went with the SP01. In the next few days I researched the 97b to see if there was any mod to make the grip slimmer (grips)
And sure enough to my pleasure they revised the 97 in 2013!!!
So I go on armslist to see if any one local had any of these, and to my surprise the shop I got the SP01 from just put them on armslist within minutes of my search! Mark at Evolution Armory set one aside until I could make it down that weekend to pick it up!

Man that was an event full month!
So now I have had it for almost 2 weeks, put probably 300 rounds through her. Over all i'm happy for a 680 dollar hand gun it is excellent. BUT..... there are a couple of things...

1)Trigger isn't too great (with time I can get much better)
2)Even though it has a bushing the barrel still has some movement
3)rear sights!
4) short length plastic guide rod.

So questions would be
Does the CGW "E" "fix" the first three gripes, and who make an SS FLGR. I tried contacting two of the prior makers with sorrow full findings. I know it doesn't do much, but it is weight up front low in the frames dust cover, and it's full length!

Sorry for the book btw
SP-01 (cajunized), SP-01 tactical Urban gray supressor ready, kadet II kit, P-01(cajunized), Tactical Sport 9mm, CZ97B, Tristar T-120(cajunized), Dan Wesson Bruin .45acp, Scorpion EVO pistol, Bren 805 Carbine

LIFE IS A DYING BATTLE, KILL IT IN KINDNESS.