Author Topic: Elzetta CQB no good.  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Border Dave

Re: Elzetta CQB no good.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »
I tried putting my TLR-1HL on it. Can't get it to a position I like. I wrap my hand around the front with my forefinger resting on the hand stop. It's in the way everywhere! Thought about trying a smaller light. Like a TLR-3.

Here are some pics of the TLR-3 mounted on my Scorpion.  I just mounted it on there to show you what your's would look like if you decide to do it.  Oh, and I shoot like a lefty, so my charging handle is on the right side of the pistol, but it doesn't look like it would cause any interference issues with the light, especially since I discovered the ergonomics are much better when mounting the light on the finger side of the grip, not the thumb side.

The light sits about 1/2 inch behind the end of the muzzle (one inch behind the end of the flash hider) when mounted as far forward as possible on the rail:

As you can see in these pics, the light sits too far to the rear for my thumb to comfortably activate it.

If you're right handed, you should mount the charging handle and light exactly opposite of how I have them in the following pics.  It's so much easier to activate the light with my index finger and still maintain a good grip on the handguard.

Hope that helps,

David

Oh, and the TLR-3 will be going back on my Sig P226.  I think I want to find a little bit brighter light for my Scorpion.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:51:15 PM by Border Dave »

Offline fordemti

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »
Thanks Dave. My hand sits even further forward than yours does in the pic. So it's still going to get in the way, it looks like. Oh well. I think with a VFG it would be better. Guess I'll wait til the stamp comes and try that.

Oh and if you're looking for a brighter light, try the TLR-1HL. It's ridiculously bright. I love sweet excess!

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »
Are we able to remove the pic rails or are the integrated into the handguard?  If removable, maybe you could re-mount the rail a bit further forward or get a longer rail.  (?)

Offline fordemti

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »
They're molded in. They'd have to be milled off and new ones attached. Not something I want to do to mine.

Offline RSR

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
There are a variety of cantilever scout scope mounts that put the light in front of your rails...  Particularly popular with carbine length handguard ARs.

Like here: http://haleystrategic.com/store/hardgoods_adaptive_light_mounts.php

anything