Author Topic: CZ 527 mount options  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Ghog

CZ 527 mount options
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »
Anyone ever try the Diversified Innovative Products picatinny base with a set of Millet Angle-Loc rings. They come in low, medium, and high. Seems like the low would work with most scopes and possibly keep the scope from setting too high. Angle-Locs are not my usual choice for rings (that would be Burris Signature) but I have used them and if you are patient and install them correctly they work fine.

Offline buddy.223

Re: CZ 527 mount options
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 06:46:49 PM »
tried varius rings I prefer the warne permanent attached ring myself

Offline trigger643

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »
Can't tell you right now how the DIP picatinny base works, but after after researching it a little, I went ahead and ordered one today.  I'll let you know...

Offline trigger643

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
I received the DIP rail and installed it and I am pleased.  Bolt hand clearance can be an issue with this rifle, depending on the scope and I initially couldn't mount my Vortex on this rifle with the CZ 30MM rings.  The rail coupled with some old Nightforce rings I had actually worked out to be pretty close to the optimum height necessary to provide adequate bolt handle clearance.

Offline painter

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 11:02:39 AM »
There is a new style bolt handle that gives better scope clearance.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/40110_Bolt-Handle-527-New-Style
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline hoosierdome

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
I used an EGW rail on my CZ 6.5X55. I like it, only had one problem. I wanted it to set as low as possible so to keep the front bell of my  Zeiss conquest 3x9x40  from riding on the Fwd edge of the rail I had to cut about 1/2" off the front of the rail. No big deal. Just painted the new end black.

Offline Bert2368

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 12:31:16 AM »
I have used the Warne 16mm rings, along with CZ factory and Calhoun http://www.jamescalhoon.com/pricelist.php retro fitted new CZ sculpted/lowered bolt handles and like these better than the CZ factory supplied scope rings- Also have used a CZ factory made base/ring combo purchased from a Czech immigrant to the USA (Denny, "the Brno man") who has a supply of oddball CZ and Brno parts. Nice equipment, no problems after 7 years...

anything