Author Topic: P09 1000 rnd update  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Sean-82

P09 1000 rnd update
« on: June 28, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »
Just broke through a 1000 today and took her apart for the first cleaning since the original take down. This gun continues to impress. I am routinely capable of creating 1 hole groups at 10/15 yds. Experienced 1 ammo related malfunction, most likely due to not enough powder in my reloads.

About 800 rounds have been with the small backstrap and I decided to give the medium a shot to see which one may be better. I also stippled the medium backstrap and the improvement is substantial. I experienced some slight shifting of the pistol in my hand when shooting for prolonged periods, but now with the stippling, it sits still.

I also observed that if you have an M&P FS, the P09 magazines will fit and feed rounds. Although you will lose the last round hold open feature due to follower geometry.

Also tried out my new bladetech holster. The retention on this thing is no joke. Fits the pistol perfectly fine and the tech-lok attachment is secure.

All in all a fine pistol, which is completely underrated for it's price. More people need to be made aware of their value, so we can get some more aftermarket support.

Offline Col._Joe

Re: P09 1000 rnd update
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »
I agree that the P07 P09 are real sleepers.
I hope they get more popular also

Offline Zhunter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »

So far the major pushback seems to be cost of mags

Offline djcantr

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:40:25 PM »
Glad you're enjoying yours! 

They are gaining in popularity and more and more accessories and parts are being developed and released as time goes by. 

Offline Sean-82

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »

I'm not so sure about the mag thing. I own a couple HKs and as we all know, they might have the market cornered in regards to ridiculously priced mags.

I think it comes down to brand recognition. When it comes to foreign semi-auto pistols, the first name that comes to peoples minds (good or bad) is GLOCK, followed closely by HK, SIG and FN. Up until not too long ago I was guilty of not being informed about CZs. We just all need to do our part and pimp out our pistols in exchange for ammo. Perfect advertising, who passes up the opportunity to shoot someones pistol?

Offline Zhunter

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »

I'm not so sure about the mag thing. I own a couple HKs and as we all know, they might have the market cornered in regards to ridiculously priced mags.

I think it comes down to brand recognition. When it comes to foreign semi-auto pistols, the first name that comes to peoples minds (good or bad) is GLOCK, followed closely by HK, SIG and FN. Up until not too long ago I was guilty of not being informed about CZs. We just all need to do our part and pimp out our pistols in exchange for ammo. Perfect advertising, who passes up the opportunity to shoot someones pistol?

I was referring to USPSA competitors, they are the ones pushing back on magazine cost

Offline TimeOnTarget

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:06 AM »
I own two P-09 pistols that both have complete CGW upgrades. The guns are so soft shooting that it actually takes me off guard when I switch from shooting my others guns.

They almost feel like pellet guns. I see the P-07/09 as modernized old school guns. If you want a DA/SA hammered gun, then these are real winners. I am a de-cocker type guy after several decades of carrying the M9 in the military so, I like this option with CZ.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
I agree with everything that was said here.
I have been a fan of the CZ pistols mainly because of the steel and weight made for a super soft shooting gun that barely disturbs the sights in recoil. So it was pretty surprising to see how much I love my P-07.

They are real sleepers but I am starting to see more of them being carried and shot in competition.

And I also agree the magazine cost is crazy and I hope Mec-Gar jumps on the bandwagon and starts making reasonable priced magazines for it.

Offline Sean-82

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »

I was referring to USPSA competitors, they are the ones pushing back on magazine cost

Gotcha, I'm following you now. Understandable when someone that competes has to have quite a magazine stash.

Offline savvage

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »
the Magazines are the only con I found , I had a very hardtime trying find one about a month ago everyone was out of stock even CZUSA I finally found one at "Grabagun" at about 50 bucks after everything was said and done. I would like to get 5 more but at that price I could get a case of ammo or a cheap handgun. Thank God for speed loaders
I Conceal and carry because I'm to young to Die and to old to take a ass whoopin. CZ P-09, CZ P07, CZ 612 combo, Taurus PT111 G2

Offline dbb1776

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
Maybe with magpul jumping in with Glock mags they could pump out some cz mags. Dream on.

Offline Sean-82

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:33 AM »
the Magazines are the only con I found , I had a very hardtime trying find one about a month ago everyone was out of stock even CZUSA I finally found one at "Grabagun" at about 50 bucks after everything was said and done. I would like to get 5 more but at that price I could get a case of ammo or a cheap handgun. Thank God for speed loaders

Check out Greg Cote's website. Prices are reasonable and he seems to get them in stock frequently.