Author Topic: DUTY vs. non-DUTY?  (Read 4223 times)

Offline 762hurts

DUTY vs. non-DUTY?
« on: July 01, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »
Per Above title. Looked for threads on it. Didn't even know they weren't ALL of them DUTY's. I realized it while looking at P-07, P-09's on GunBroker. Just the DUTY stamp? Upgrades. Differences. I'm about to pull the trigger. I want a suppressed CZ. Do I buy 1st, or 2nd Gen and just pick up a barrel from CZUSA?

Offline djcantr

Re: DUTY vs. non-DUTY?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »
The newer version has a better slide finish, front serrations, metal sights and changeable backstraps.  The Duty version may have metal or plastic sights. 

Offline bjenkins

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 06:49:15 PM »
For the little extra, I believe its worth going with the new P-07 !

Offline muggia59

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
Also 15 round magazine vs 16, and a more holster friendly front end, like the P09. Oh! For some reason its also cheaper than what I paid for the original Duty. Wish I had one ::)
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »
Also too, I believe the newer model has an updated trigger, it's now the same as the P-09. But I'm not 100% sure.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:08:57 PM »
U r right.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline 762hurts

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 02:17:56 AM »
Do the new P-07's have an available model with threaded barrel? Can find P-09's all over with them. But no P-07's.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:02 AM »
My P07 is the older DUTY model.  Great gun.  It is the reason I've bought more P0X guns.

I don't care about the front serrations.  It's a bad idea to grab the front of the slide and push it to the rear.  I know a guy with two scars on his left forearm from a .40 hollow point that when in the palm of his hand and left up near the elbow.  I tried to tell him for years not to work the slide that way but he was smarter than me.

The plastic sights were an issue.  Normal wear and tear starts to make them kind of fuzzy around the edges.  I replaced mine with some night sights from CZ.  Not hard at all to replace.  Worth it, too.  I can see that pistol lying on the floor by the bed in the darkness from the glow of the sights.

The curved trigger is not an issue for me.  The new trigger, on my .40 S&W P09 actually pinches my trigger finger pretty bad so I replaced it with an older style DUTY trigger and it's fine now.

I know the frame, around the front of the trigger guard is different.  It was never an issue for the two or three holsters I use.  One, from CZ, is P07 DUTY specific and the newer P07s and P09s will not fit in that holster.  The concealment holster doesn't mind which P07 goes in it, DUTY or the newer model.

The interchangeable back strap on the newer guns is a nice idea, but the old P07 fits my hand just fine as is.

When the prices are the same, or nearly so, you might as well get the newer version.  They changed it for a reason, maybe good, maybe not, but it was changed and the older version is no longer made.

Oh, the night sights, on sale, were just under $100.  Keep that in mind if buying an older version.  At some point you may want to upgrade the sights.  CZ puts them on sale sometimes, so keep an eye on their web pages.  You can get similar sights (maybe the same ones???) from CZ USA, CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline freefallindan

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »
Do the new P-07's have an available model with threaded barrel? Can find P-09's all over with them. But no P-07's.

David at CGW told me that new factory P-07 threaded barrels are supposed to be coming out any day.  They are receiving a big lot which they will offer to fit for customers.  I'm on the wait list for that, you might give them a call.  Otherwise they will probably show up in the CZ websites at some point

I saw someone else on this forum bought a P-09 barrel and had it threaded by a smith to put in his P-07...

Offline 762hurts

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »
Lots of great info, and experience! Thank you all! The PX on base here at FT Hood has a P-09 for $510.00 tax free. Seems a bit higher than GunBroker/other. But it IS right there. I've went and held it like 5 times. Lol. But I kinda want a P-07 to suppress. CZ-USA does have P-07 threaded barrels now though..... Decisions....

Offline benq

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
Lots of great info, and experience! Thank you all! The PX on base here at FT Hood has a P-09 for $510.00 tax free. Seems a bit higher than GunBroker/other. But it IS right there. I've went and held it like 5 times. Lol. But I kinda want a P-07 to suppress. CZ-USA does have P-07 threaded barrels now though..... Decisions....
You are suffering from paralysis by analysis.

Sooner you buy it the more time you have to break it in and upgrade the internals. Buy the threaded barrel and can later. Probably need the higher sights too.

Offline freefallindan

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »
Are the threaded 7 barrels showing in stock now? I always have trouble navigating their website...

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 07:15:50 PM »
Are the threaded 7 barrels showing in stock now? I always have trouble navigating their website...

I can't use info explorer on the CZ USA or CZ Custom web sites.  Just doesn't work.  I use Google Chrome or Fire Fox and they both work great.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline freefallindan

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
Thanks M1A.  Found the threaded-barrel page on CZ Custom using Chrome but they're showing out of stock.  Can't even find a threaded-barrel page on cz-usa.  Do you have a good link 762?

Offline 762hurts

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
bleep. CZ-USA the P-09 threaded barrel. Kinda spendy for the barrel. Not P-07.

bleep it! I'm buying the P-09. I'll pick up the P-07 later.

I already have an AAC Tirant that I love. Just want a 9mm pistol to play with.