Author Topic: 75SA EXTRACTION ISSUES  (Read 1078 times)

dewhorse73

75SA EXTRACTION ISSUES
« on: April 16, 2003, 12:46:23 PM »
Just got a 75SAO .40 S&W and I would say I am impressed but I have shot CZ-75's before so I expected a nice weapon and that's what I got.  I took it to the range this weekend to break it in and while accuracy was great I had an issue with double feeds.  I was shooting both Win. "white box" and Fed. 135gr. PD, the Federals feed and extracted fine but the Winchester had issues about two-thirds of the time.  It happened with both mags and all through the feed chain.  When I looked at both shells side by side I did notice that the Fed.'s had a slightly larger rim.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Should I send it in for service? or should I just stay away from the Winchesters.  This is my first post but I have been reading for awhile, there's alot of great info.  Thanks guys

And if anyone finds a place for a .357 Sig Barrel please let us know.......that would make an amazing weapon!

Offline ut83

75SA EXTRACTION ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 06:26:36 PM »
First off...congrats on a nice gun :D
Second...the extraction probs you have could be for a couple of reasons...the 40 S*W cases should all be the same size....maybe .001" difference..if there is a noticeable difference...be worried.
Try other target fmj rounds and see what happens..
This sounds like being too patient but you cant judge a gun or have major concerns until you see it having consistant problems with all kinds of ammo and after 4-500 rnds have gone thru it.  
The extractor is probably the issue...but you must give it a chance to become one with the rest of the gun....:rolleyes :
Barsto makes a Sig barrel for the 75's already....search the 75B forum and youll find some info.'
Simply put...shoot the hell out of your gun and see what it does.  Buy cheap Fiochi, S&B, USA, Am Eagle, Wolff (just a little), Magtech, what ever is around and you havent shot through it.....then play with different JHP's...see what it likes.
More times than not...probs. taking place in the "first shoot" will go away.  Now just determine what ammo your gun is the most accurate with and there you go....have fun.
Shoot well :smokin

Offline Oliver1

75SA EXTRACTION ISSUES
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 07:02:42 PM »
I had a similar problem that was almost exclusively limited to Win white box (which I didn't realize initially).  Mike sent me a new extractor that I thought solved the problem, but, when I fired reloads in the Win cases, I had numerous failures to extract.  I later noticed that the Win rims--if the term can be used with rimless cases-- were about 0.004 smaller that those of S&B, Rem, and Fed.  On a subsequent trip to the range, I fired over 100 S&B and Rem rounds with no failures to extract.  I will try in the near future with reloads in these cases and see if the problem recurs.  Also, I measured some other Win brass I had, which I believe was from Silvertips (not fired in the CZ) and the rims were not smaller than those of other brands

dewhorse73

75SA EXTRACTION ISSUES
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 02:57:35 AM »
Yeah I know, maybe I am jumping the gun (no pun intended) on saying there is an issue.  I am planning on doing some serious range time in the near future so we'll see.   Thanks again