Author Topic: Best place for mags?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Pierce Koontz

Best place for mags?
« on: August 01, 2015, 08:45:55 PM »
I know everyone may have their "secret source", but I thought I'd ask anything.  I'd like to buy more than a few spare mags, so I'm looking for the best price on  P-09 mags.

In related news, what are the odds Mec-Gar will be able to market them directly and cut down on the price?

Offline Grandmas_Boy

Re: Best place for mags?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »
Really, if you can find anywhere that beats about $43 per magazine I'd be surprised.  They're just expensive period, if you want cheap magazines then buy a GLock.

Offline joedirt199

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
You will get several responses for gregcote to find your cz mags. Czusa and czcustom sometimes run specials on mags in groups of 3. Expesive mags is just the nature of the beast for the p09 and p07
God created Police so Fireman would have heroes

In God we Trust, everyone else gets searched.

Offline Pierce Koontz

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:20 AM »
Really, if you can find anywhere that beats about $43 per magazine I'd be surprised.  They're just expensive period, if you want cheap magazines then buy a GLock.

And yet the CZ75 platform magazines are half the price (from the same manufacturer).

Call me crazy . . .

Offline Pierce Koontz

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 10:55:54 AM »
You will get several responses for gregcote to find your cz mags. Czusa and czcustom sometimes run specials on mags in groups of 3. Expesive mags is just the nature of the beast for the p09 and p07

Gregcote is a new source for me. I'll keep 'em in mind.  Thank you

Offline Grandmas_Boy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:55:45 PM »

And yet the CZ75 platform magazines are half the price (from the same manufacturer).

Call me crazy . . .

GLock mags are like $15 (Magpul), so if dirt cheap quality mags are the number one thing Glock wins plain and simple.  Are you thinking of the MecGar magazines being half the price of the P series?  I don't seem to remember factory branded 75 magazines being anywhere near that cheap?.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:57:21 PM by Grandmas_Boy »

Offline Pierce Koontz

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:58:50 PM »
Since Mec-Gar makes CZ mags, does it really matter what is stamped on them?

When the SP01 first came out, the 18-round CZ-brand mags were like $50.  I see now that Mec-Gar puts their own name on the exact same mag, and charges half the price.

Maybe CZ and Mec-Gar have a deal that for the first few years of any new CZ pistol model, they can't sell mags independently. I hope so anyway.  I'll stock up on P-09 mags in the year 2020.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:03:05 PM by Pierce Koontz »

Offline Jingerale

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »
Since Mec-Gar makes CZ mags, does it really matter what is stamped on them?

When the SP01 first came out, the 18-round CZ-brand mags were like $50.  I see now that Mec-Gar puts their own name on the exact same mag, and charges half the price.

Maybe CZ and Mec-Gar have a deal that for the first few years of any new CZ pistol model, they can't sell mags independently. I hope so anyway.  I'll stock up on P-09 mags in the year 2020.

that makes sense. I remember when I got my SP-01 shadow, and seeing how I live in CA, the only 10 rounders available were from CZ, costings over $40 a piece. Just noticed a few days ago that Mec-Gar now makes 10 rounders for about $20.

Offline evnash

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
best deal i found was from CZ when they had the 3 pack on sale for $99

Offline 762hurts

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:33 PM »
Wish CZ-USA would do 3 packs for the P-07/P-09. But nope.

Offline moetallday34

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 12:40:49 AM »
Sometimes you could find 3 for $100 on gun broker plus shipping.

anything