Author Topic: Has anyone done any trigger work or replaced the trigger on their EVO?  (Read 7646 times)

Offline moetallday34

Re: Has anyone done any trigger work or replaced the trigger on their EVO?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
I just did a polish job last night and it helped a lot. I lighted it by about two pounds and took a lot of the travel out of the trigger. Reset could definitely be better but I didn't want to get too crazy. I only did it because I was bored plus I know Cajun should have parts shortly. I would definitely recommend a polish job.

Offline terry mc

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »
Agreed on the polish well worth the labor if your proficient. Shot mine again Sunday and really enjoying this gun
Cant wait to see what David and Angus have to offer when they are ready.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline terry mc

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »
Well I have checked and CZ Usa has trigger springs at $4.
So I have ordered a few so I can experiment with lowering preload.

The stock spring unaltered gives 5.5 lbs. of trigger weight with hammer dropped!
That is almost all spring weight, with a little friction.
If I can lower the spring tension enough with the polished trigger, a 5 lb. Trigger should be very attainable.

Still a little long in travel but should be a huge improvement over the stock 9lb. Trigger I started with.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline terry mc

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 07:56:40 PM »
Well I just got trigger return springs in today so I have experimented a little.
Bending the spring so that there is almost no preload left I still wound up with a 6.5 lb. trigger.

I did some experimenting, there are several things that add to the trigger weight on the Scorpion.

I completely removed the trigger return spring and reset by hand and just the hammer and FPB lifter assembly measured at 3 lbs. for a release
of the hammer. This was measured with the trigger control group out of the gun which turns out to be significant (more on that later)

With the modified trigger return spring and the hammer dropped the trigger weight now measured 4 to 4.5 lbs. for just the spring, about a lb. less than previously.

Now with the lighter trigger return spring in, the hammer engaged, and the trigger group out of the gun, It measured 6.0 lbs. consistently.
Returning the trigger group to the gun, I was at first surprised by the weight now being 6.5 lbs time after time.
Then it dawned on me, Firing Pin Block. So if everything is measuring correctly we have .5 lbs of trigger weight just to release the FPB.

With the modified spring and the polish job the trigger is smoother and obviously lighter than my original 9 lb. pulls.
The trigger has a very slight 2 stage trigger feel now, the second stage feel comes from the disconnect hitting the hammer as the sear moves forward.
Still a VERY long travel..

All in all a substantial improvement but still no where near as nice as what I tried at CZ Custom, so I am looking forward to seeing what they and CGW comes to market with.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:38:21 PM by terry mc »
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline buddyinfl

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 08:02:03 PM »
Mine has improved with use-however, my target is 3.5-4# which might require a complete trigger pack conversion. I think it will happen as there is a strong continuing interest in the scorpion. Fun pistol-SBR! I think the springs will be a large piece of improving trigger weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline terry mc

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
If the stock sear and disconnect were not so bleep expensive, I would play with fixing the length of the trigger pull.
I think in theory you could shorten the hooks of the sear and this would allow the sear to disengage the hammer sooner. the problem is now you would have more overtravel. Or you could set a pretravel screw to rock the trigger back but then you mess with the disconnect engagement. And all this solution messes with the sear hammer engagement angle. Plus all this still has to work with the stock FPB lifter.....
The lifter is one of those things that really adds to the complexity in my mind, not that difficult but one more timing issue to work out.

I guess this is to say, This is why it takes a while for the people like CGW and CZC to develop and test a trigger pack they are confident to sell us.

I JUST WISH IT WAS DONE ALREADY! Ha, ha, ha.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline hking

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 10:43:04 AM »
Ive been waiting 10 months for a bleep stock, whats another few months for a trigger?

Offline RKARMS

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
I will order a quick fire trigger pack in a minute. { that is what the Scorpion needs besides the sbr kit.}once somebody says send in the kit for modification I am ready. unless they plan on complete kits done for $200.00 or so.

another wait and see project.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 07:16:57 PM »
We are in fact working on a drop in trigger kit for the Scorpion Evo.  We have mapped out the requirements and we are submitting our in shop CGW prototype parts for a production run of BETA parts.

It will also be necessary to have a sear spring made to get this right.  This is also in the pipeline.  We will have a fully engineered system, just like our current line of parts, that will drop in and perform very well.   

Offline terry mc

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 08:32:41 PM »
We are in fact working on a drop in trigger kit for the Scorpion Evo.  We have mapped out the requirements and we are submitting our in shop CGW prototype parts for a production run of BETA parts.

It will also be necessary to have a sear spring made to get this right.  This is also in the pipeline.  We will have a fully engineered system, just like our current line of parts, that will drop in and perform very well.

Great talking to you  today David.
As always we are excited to see what you come up with.
Love the gun hate the trigger
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline lobster

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 07:12:14 PM »
Hi there , , ive been reading this forum and saw this post. Im new to the forum and recently acquired the Scorpion. I also would be interested in a better trigger set up. Look forward to hearing more about this when they become available

Baron Von Doom

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »

This is great news. I put another 150 rounds down range this morning and all I could think about was the trigger. If this gun had a reliable decent lighter trigger, it would be near perfection.

Total rounds down range is around 800, and I think the stock trigger is as good as its going to get. I look forward to getting a decent a trigger.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:55:02 PM by Baron Von Doom »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 09:56:31 PM »
Welcome. lobster! I'm NOT new to the forum and I am just as interested in this! :)

Offline Zhunter

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 02:36:09 PM »

Where can I get on the order list?

Offline hking

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »

Very encouraging to hear. Thank you for listening to needs of the users and working on a solution. I am not sure if having a super light pull like on my competition guns would be best, but at least a clean crisp break and a somewhat lighter pull, 5-6lbs clean would fantastic. I have been shooting mine is PCC matches with a polish job and already get fantastic results.

anything