Author Topic: Is another Hi-Cap mag ban coming?  (Read 4447 times)

Offline bugboy

Re: Is another Hi-Cap mag ban coming?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 07:33:34 PM »
^^ Sounds like something Rachel Maddow would say
SP-01 Shadow
P-01 + 40B slide = 40P
Kadet
CZ 83
vz2008
SAR K2 45 X2
and some other "stuff"

Offline painter

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
^^ Sounds like something Rachel Maddow would say
Which post are you referring to?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline DougC

Is another Hi-Cap mag ban coming?
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 11:05:28 PM »
Bottom line.... We are suffering a moral and societal breakdown in this nation and the gun is not the source. All the gun control and magazine limits in the world are not going to fix it. Remember, a fish rots from the head down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:07:40 PM by DougC »
SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Non-CZ: Arex ReX Zero 1 S, 1927 Mosin Nagant

Offline HillsHunt

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 02:46:51 AM »
Solution to many of these so called mass shootings.
Ban the gun free zones. That's where they choose to commit their crimes. They wouldn't do it there if they thought there would be any armed people there.
One example...
Utah... nobody would think about shooting up a school in Utah. Everybody there is armed. From the Principal down the the custodians. Everybody carries. Only a very few won't by their own choice. Ain't nobody gonna consider shooting up a school in Utah.
Starting to get the idea to a solution?

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 06:31:01 AM »
A solution tnat will never happen is no solution at all. It's just pissing in the wind
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline DougC

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 11:23:40 AM »
They would ban anything they could.  Just so they would have one more little piece of the big puzzle.

Even attaching something as an amendment onto any "must pass" bill. (like the budget for instance).  Dem's have already mentioned shutting down the Government, so that would be a likely place to find such wording.

If you don't think most of them are under-handed enough to do it, or try it, I have some prime ocean front property you may be interested in.

Exactly.  NONE of them are to be trusted.
SP-01 Tactical 9mm

MP2 Guy

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 05:26:38 PM »
Solution to many of these so called mass shootings.
Ban the gun free zones. That's where they choose to commit their crimes. They wouldn't do it there if they thought there would be any armed people there.
One example...
Utah... nobody would think about shooting up a school in Utah. Everybody there is armed. From the Principal down the the custodians. Everybody carries. Only a very few won't by their own choice. Ain't nobody gonna consider shooting up a school in Utah.
Starting to get the idea to a solution?
Announcing that an area is free of firearms is kind of stupid.  The uncertainty can be a formidable deterrent. Unfortunately most casual shooters would probably piss their drawers if confronted by an active shooter and, generally, having someone shoot at you tends to throws off your aim a bit so your nice tight groups are not so tight. You also will likely be outgunned. Lastly, I'd hate to have a firearm in my possession when the police finally get there --- can we say oops we thought he was the shooter. After the situation was resolved I'd make sure that my weapon was not in my hands.

I do like the potential deterrent factor of of not declaring places "gun free."

Offline DougC

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 08:29:42 AM »
Breibart is not an impartial source.  Perhaps we should wait and see what actually what, if anything, emerges before we pass judgement.  Bottom line -- we (U.S.) have a national problem with people using guns to do bad things and the status quo is unacceptable.

Is the Washington Post more to your liking?

You can rest assured that he won't stop at just this BGC stage.  By the way, can someone tell me when the Constitution became amendable via executive order?  I think I missed that development somehow....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-weighs-expanding-background-checks-through-executive-authority/2015/10/08/6bd45e56-6b63-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:59:46 AM by DougC »
SP-01 Tactical 9mm

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »
Breibart is not an impartial source.  Perhaps we should wait and see what actually what, if anything, emerges before we pass judgement.  Bottom line -- we (U.S.) have a national problem with people using guns to do bad things and the status quo is unacceptable.

Is the Washington Post more to your liking?

You can rest assured that he won't stop at just this BGC stage.  By the way, can someone tell me when the Constitution became amendable via executive order?  I think I missed that development somehow....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-weighs-expanding-background-checks-through-executive-authority/2015/10/08/6bd45e56-6b63-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

Even if berry o'banana gets nowhere with executive orders or legislation on gun issues we are going to have a serious fight on our hands in the not too distant future because these libs know they will be able to push anything they want down our throats if they stay the course and get their way on immigration reform. Once they change the make up of the electorate by adding a bunch of newly christened democrat voters we are in trouble. Even worse is half the sell out republicans are on board with this crap as well.

Offline bluedog46

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 08:59:05 PM »
I worry about that boy using executive orders to somehow do it. I would figure he cant but that has not stopped him

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 10:29:03 PM »
I'm just curious...  How many of you since this thread started have either bought more standard capacity mags or donated to a gun rights group?

If you think it can happen, what are you doing about it? I mean besides talking about it.

Edit to add,

The title of this post borders on offensive. The term "Hi-cap" mag implies that it is something different and not ordinary. Don't swallow the lie that you have been fed. A 30 rnd mag in an AR, or a 16 in a CZ is a STANDARD size mag. There is nothing to defend. Your debate should be if we will be forced, again, to be limited to LOW or reduced capacity mags. If the debate is about a Beta mag then sure now you are talking extended capacity for fun.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:38:36 PM by AZ_CZ »
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline HillsHunt

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 10:54:48 PM »
I have sent a letter through a gun rights group I belong to. It was to my Rep. to Congress about this very subject.
I used to live in Ca. Spent much money on gun rights. More than most. 
I'm not a Tacticool kinda guy. I'm not interested in owning an AR. But am willing to spend as much as many spend on an AR, defending their rights to own one. Because they're coming after my revolver next.

EDIT: Remember the infamous words of Dianne Feinstein when talking about this very subject....: "...it's legal to hunt humans...."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:59:57 PM by HillsHunt »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
I have sent a letter through a gun rights group I belong to. It was to my Rep. to Congress about this very subject.
I used to live in Ca. Spent much money on gun rights. More than most. 
I'm not a Tacticool kinda guy. I'm not interested in owning an AR. But am willing to spend as much as many spend on an AR, defending their rights to own one. Because they're coming after my revolver next.

EDIT: Remember the infamous words of Dianne Feinstein when talking about this very subject....: "...it's legal to hunt humans...."

I call my reps and sens often and send a few bucks a couple times a year to the NRA and others.

As for Diane Feinstein does anyone else remember when the 1994 AWB was passed and she ran to the microphone and blurted out "IF I COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE VOTES TO SAY AMERICA TURN THEM ALL IN I WOULD HAVE BANNED THEM ALL". Later we found out this liberal hypocrite had been carrying her own gun for many years before hand. She is also a great friend of criminals if anyone cares to go back and read up on how she gave the media key information in the Night Stalker killings when she was mayor of SF years ago thus allowing the killer to remain at large for an even longer period of time.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:41:41 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline bluedog46

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
I have bought some extra mags. Pondered the original sin of america in how we chose to cultivate our crops down south. I have also called all my congressmen, not that it will help.

Offline Southpaw5

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
It ain't just the magazine's ...they will go after the gun
No honey, I've always had that gun

anything