Author Topic: Help please  (Read 2837 times)

Offline tenfourk

Help please
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
I may have an opportunity to purchase a Kadet pistol. Is there a way to tell if the lower is the original to the upper?  Thanks. Any advice would be super.

Offline rhart

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:29:15 PM »
I wish I could help, but I'm sure someone on here can. But I'd like to find one myself - good for you!
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »
My factory Kadet pistol has 4 matching serial numbers; frame, main slide, 22 slide and the slide bolt. Not sure if I have the nomenclature correct but they hard to miss.

Good luck with your buy.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline tenfourk

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 08:58:39 AM »
That's awesome. Thank you both!

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 09:28:22 PM »
The frame, slide housing (the part the sights are on), slide (the part that slides and contains the firing pin) and the barrel should have the same serial numbers.

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
Not sure if this is correct....but:
I heard that on the first batch of "KADET 2" Pistols, the Upper (3 parts) had the same numbers
But the Frame (may have) had a different number
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Tok36

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
There is a slim possibility that the parts may have coinciding serial numbers. Funny that no one has mentioned it.   8)
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline tenfourk

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 09:49:39 PM »
Thanks all. The steal fell through but I found a deal anyway!  Should be on the way soon!  Just have to wait the 3 weeks or so for my Jersey permit.

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »
I bought a Kadet last week. The slide is dated 96. The barrel, slide and slide housing all have the same S/N, which is different from the one on the pistol frame. No idea if this is typical.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
I bought a Kadet last week. The slide is dated 96. The barrel, slide and slide housing all have the same S/N, which is different from the one on the pistol frame. No idea if this is typical.

It sounds like you have a made up Kadet. If the frame happens to have a firing pin block lifter it would be a dead giveaway. Kadets did not have them.
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline eastman

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »

It sounds like you have a made up Kadet. If the frame happens to have a firing pin block lifter it would be a dead giveaway. Kadets did not have them.

I've never tried disassembling the guts of a CZ frame, but if I am viewing this correctly, the FP Block lifter is a wing-like piece on the right side of the frame (the manual gives a good look at the appearance, but not the location of the installed FPBL)? The Franken-Kadet has the same sort of piece as my 97BD when viewed from the top.

Since this appears to be a Franken-Kadet (instead of a factory Kadet), anything in particular that should be checked to make sure the fit was done correctly? (frame is a 4-digit number, followed by a letter. Kadet slide is "AL" followed by a 4-digit number)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »
Go shoot it.  If the Kadet slide fits the frame snugly and the gun operates OK, then I wouldn't worry about the fit.  My bulllseye match gun is a Kadet kit put on a 75B frame with a firing pin block lifter still in place.  My understanding is that the frames that come on the complete Kadet pistol are just 75B frames and parts, less the firing pin block lifter lever.  Even if the Kadet adapter isn't snug in the frame, it isn't going to affect the accuracy much since the barrel is pinned to the Kadet adapter anyway so the sight versus barrel relationship stays constant, unlike a centerfire gun, where the loose fit means the barrel isn't snug.

To me there is no reason to be concerned that the Kadet kit was added to a 75B frame, as long as both are otherwise in good shape.  I wouldn't even worry about the serial numbers being different between an adapter and a barrel, as long as the barrel was snug. 

Joe   
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 08:25:16 PM »
Adding to what Joe L said, one makes a Frankenstein Kadet every time a kit is installed on different lower.

Joe
George Washington

Offline eastman

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 09:08:27 PM »
Yes, but this was a "bought from Cabela's" Franken-Kadet.  :o  Knowledge of the used products they sell (and especially the CZ products, since they don't understand that CZ-UB and Zastava CZ aren't the same company) is not their strong point.

So far, it has been unreliable ejecting/feeding Win SuperX. This was a box from about 10 years ago when SuperX was actually still really good ammo (and it shot as well as CCI MinMag does in my Mk II). Did a thorough clean afterwards and probably over-lubed with Breakfree CLP. Haven't tried it since, but next trip I'll bring more types of .22 LR to try.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
Try some different ammo before worrying about it too much.  I think I tried even some recent Winchester Super X ammo with poor results in my Kadet.

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

anything