Author Topic: New Design CGW Barrel Bushing  (Read 92341 times)

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Re: New Design CGW Barrel Bushing
« Reply #300 on: October 27, 2016, 12:33:46 PM »
Yesterday I installed the 10X bushing in my new PO1. For some reason it was 10 times harder to get the cross pin out, the stock bushing out and install the new bushing than my PCR. But, I did have a new Dawson F/O front sight to put in and today I plan on installing the rear F/O sight as well as using thread locker on the set screws in the trigger of the Pro kit I installed on the PO1.

Offline newrival

« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
Well, although I put a black bushing in my black SP-01 with polished accents, it all worked out just fine. I went ahead and polished the barrel and in a way I'm kind of glad I have the black bushing.

Looking nice! If I may ask, how did you polish the entire barrel?
CZ SP-01 fam

Offline Mr HH

« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2016, 08:26:22 PM »

Looking nice! If I may ask, how did you polish the entire barrel?
[/quote]

I only polished the feed ramp, barrel hood, and the muzzle. I use 1500 grit wet sandpaper soaked with WD-40 to take most of the coating off, then finish with Mothers metal polish and a hard felt tip on a Dremel at low speed. I polish the internals the same way after stoning where necessary.

Offline tjwolf

« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2016, 08:52:44 PM »
HH

Very nice, also love the grips. May I ask where did you get them.
Thx
Dual tone CZ 75B (2010), CZ 75B Black, CZ P-09, CZ -P07 9mm, CZ 75 Compact.

Offline Mr HH

« Reply #304 on: November 01, 2016, 02:27:49 AM »
HH

Very nice, also love the grips. May I ask where did you get them.
Thx

Thanks. The grips are from Cool Hand / Excel. They can be found on eBay and Amazon. They seem to run small batches. These haven't been available for a month or so. I've got a set of matching grips coming for my new PCR. Speaking of, and back on topic, I put the 7580X bushing in the PCR tonight. The barrel basically fell in like nothing was different. I can get just the tiniest wiggle at the muzzle. I'll check it tomorrow after all the parts have equalized temperature wise. Can't wait to take it out this weekend now that it's Cajunized. I put 200 rounds through it stock and it's a tack driver.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2016, 05:03:41 AM »
I took my 75B in .40 to the range last evening.  It has the full Cajun trigger upgrades and is well shot in.  It has always had a great trigger but the accuracy of the gun, while adequate, was never anything to write home about.  Now that we've installed the 10x bushing that has all changed.  Now everything about operating this gun is really effortless.  It is so easy to be accurate with it that it is beyond words to describe.  I am no great shooter.  I have quite a few really nice guns but I am just mediocre with them.  This gun makes everyone look like an amazing marksman.  If anyone out there is still on the fence about Cajunizing your gun you owe it to yourself to give it a try.  When you do, try adding the 10x bushing to the list, you won't be sorry.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline tothemax

« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:30 AM »
These sound amazing!! 

I want to one for my TS and also my SP01...  the SP01 already has the full CGW trigger package and has a sweet trigger.. .this will sounds amazing..

Are there any youtube videos on how to install these?

tnx

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #307 on: December 29, 2016, 11:38:17 PM »
I installed a 10X bushing in my 75B SA tonight.

The hardest part was getting the old bushing out. I used a 1/4"-drive 7/16" long socket with a wobble extension. I had to put the slide in a vise vertically with a 2x4 underneath the dust cover to keep from pounding the slide out of the vise. Took several whacks with a claw hammer to remove it.

I only had the new bushing in the deep freezer for 30 minutes prior to install. I don't know if it actually shrank much, if at all. The new bushing went in easily by inserting the bushing into the slide, holding the slide in my hand, and lightly tapping the bushing against a 2x4 sitting on my coffee table.

I sheared the end of the old sight pin while hammering it in with a roll pin punch. Luckily I had bought a couple of extras. The end of the new pin still got flared but the pin is in far enough.

The fit is so tight I have to tap the bottom lug with a delrin hammer to get the barrel in or out of the slide. I expect that will improve eventually. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:41:23 PM by delphidoc »
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline Joe L

« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2016, 07:22:53 AM »
Delphidoc--I had the same tight fit on mine initially.  I can get the barrel in and out now by hand if I am very careful to rotate the barrel to the proper position.  The gun will cycle fine with it good and snug on removal.  I've been able to shoot under 2" at 50 yards from a wrist rest every time I've tried since installing the bushing.  That is cold, usually right after a hundred rounds of 22.  When I get in some practice, it will group close to 1" for five shots. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline PaulNYC

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »
Hi,

I just wanted to add that I had success removing my old bushing with a 1/4" socket and twelve inches of extenders. I put some card board between the slide and the extenders to avoid damaging my slide.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:19:04 PM by PaulNYC »

Offline rhart

« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
Delphidoc--I had the same tight fit on mine initially.  I can get the barrel in and out now by hand if I am very careful to rotate the barrel to the proper position.  The gun will cycle fine with it good and snug on removal.  I've been able to shoot under 2" at 50 yards from a wrist rest every time I've tried since installing the bushing.  That is cold, usually right after a hundred rounds of 22.  When I get in some practice, it will group close to 1" for five shots. 

Joe

Impressive!
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2017, 04:38:30 AM »
I have purchased three in the last couple of weeks and am buying five more in the next couple of days.  I'm sold.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline falconman515

« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2018, 06:34:21 AM »
Ordered my bushing after reading all of this. I?ll see how it goes this weekend.
CZ 75 SP-01

Offline Dime-Baggins

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »
Is the socket size the same for removing the .550" (7510x) and the standard barrel .500 (7580x)?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »
Is the socket size the same for removing the .550" (7510x) and the standard barrel .500 (7580x)?

It's the outside diameter of the socket that's important, and I'm not sure that's standardized across brands, so you should probably just grab several and try until you find the one that is right.  I'd use the smallest that contacts the standard bushing solidly.

anything