Author Topic: P-07 grip question/options  (Read 9717 times)

Offline viking499

P-07 grip question/options
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:14:22 AM »
I like my P-07, but I don't like the grip.  A little to straight and slick for my liking.  So, I added a Hogue Handall to the grip that I initially liked.  But, after shooting it some, I still like it, but now it feels to bulky in the grip area. 

By now, you might be thinking I am to picky......maybe I am......but, if I don't like it, I don't like it........ :(

I had thought about getting the Hogue tactical sleeve as it looks a hair thinner than the Handall, but after today, thinking about going a different route.

Has anyone used any of the die cut rubber stick on grips from traction grips, talon or similar company?   If so, how do you like it,does it stay stuck to the gun, is it an improvement or just a waste of money?  Have you also had a rubber sleeve, how do they compare?

Offline Tok36

Re: P-07 grip question/options
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 02:19:49 AM »
I have seen a few people running the Talon grips on their P series and they seam to like them. I stuck with a cut down Hogue Handall and a stippled backstrap on my P-09. So far so good.

http://talongungrips.com/grips/cz/cz-p-07-duty.html

Have you considered stippling the frame at all?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 07:18:31 AM »
I have a talon grip on my 07 Duty. I went with the rubber type. Works well, no signs of peeling and it does the job. I didn't care for the feel of the gun at all when I acquired it but it handled and shot so well I decided to keep it. With the talon, I still miss the contours of my 75 grips but the 07 feels comfortable and secure when shooting. Good enough that I picked up a P-09. It will get a talon wrap as well.

Offline rich63

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:08:13 AM »
Have you ever tried a Pachmayr grip? I put a Pachmayr grip on a polymer gun I used to own and the feel of it was ok. However, it would constantly slip downward. They are not as stiff as the Hogue and definitely have a more rubber feel to them. The Pachmayr grip has alot of give(stretch) to it.

Before writing this I went to the Pachmayr sight and there is nothing available for the P-07 only the 75/85. There may be a universal grip available, I just did not look through the sight that deep.

rich63

Offline yzjohn

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 08:21:32 AM »
Springer Precision grip tape.
precut, fits perfect, inexpensive.

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
I use a Hogue tactical grip on my P-09. I have the small back strap installed. I read that they don't fit as well with the large back strap. I believe that the Hogue Handall may fit better, but it doesn't have quite as much texture on the back strap area. I can almost guarantee that the Hogue grips won't slip. I had a heck of a time getting mine on my P-09.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:10:25 PM by wdbutcher »

Offline rich63

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 12:57:58 PM »
wdbutcher,

That's a great pic. I was wondering what the Hogue Tactical Grip looked like on a P-07/09.

I have the Hogue Handall Grip on my P-07, and at least for me, it fits perfect. In particular, the palm swells.

http://i.imgur.com/FN6ITb6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a097Ygg.jpg

rich63

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
rich63, Looking back, I think the Hogue Handall would have fit my P-09 better. I think the tactical may have a slightly less palm swell, but I'm not sure. I guess I can always get one to try it out. They're definitely priced right.
Hogue also offers a Handall Hybrid #17400 that fits the S&W M&P and some other pistols. It sure looks like it should fit a P-09 or a P-07.

Sorry for the blurry picture, it didn't transfer from Hogue's website very well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:31:54 PM by wdbutcher »

Offline eyetat

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
I own 4 plastic 9mm guns at this time p09 skate board tape all others Beretta nano p07 and Taurus have talon grips. Just easier to hols for recoil and follow up shots.

Offline viking499

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 08:32:13 PM »
I want a rubber option and not a fan of the skateboard tape.

So, it looks like I have the options of........

Traction grips
Talon grips
Springer precision

Any options of these three or recommendations?

Offline Ninebear

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »
+1 for Talon grips.  I have them on my Walther PPQ, S&W M&P, Ruger SR9 and of course my new P-07.  Love them and have not had to change one yet.

Offline m3scott

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »
The straightness of the P-07 grip is what I don't care for.  Two handed it is fine but one handed it doesn't feel as comfortable as the P-01/PCR.  I figured out a lot of it has to do with the bottom front of the grip which doesn't curve forward.  I didn't want a permanent solution, like JoeL used with the JB Weld and decided to try some stuff we have at work.   It's called Sugru, available on eBay, and it's a moldable rubber mix that semi hardens but is removable.  There are quite a few YouTube videos of Sugru uses.

It's only set for 12 hours so far, but it feels much better.  Here's a pic or two.  I maybe should have taken more time to get it blended in better.

CZ PCR, CZ P-07, CZ Duty 40 Upper, CZ 75bSS, CZ Kadet Adp, CZ 912, CZ 452 Trainer, CZ 618, VZ-2008, DW Guardian .45

Offline cinco

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »
Cut a piece of inner tube and stretched it over the grip.  Before it would rotate ever so slightly and making the grip "seem" uncomfortable.  Wow, what a difference it made.  Bought a tube at Walmart for about $4 with a ton left over.  Believe it was 1.50-1.75 size.

I have a Hogue grip for another weapon and - to me - it would have increased the bulk to much.  Grip was what I was after and I am happy now.

Offline CDKJudoka

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
Cut a piece of inner tube and stretched it over the grip.  Before it would rotate ever so slightly and making the grip "seem" uncomfortable.  Wow, what a difference it made.  Bought a tube at Walmart for about $4 with a ton left over.  Believe it was 1.50-1.75 size.

That's what Mike Pannone did with his P-07, bicycle inner tube. I dropped mine from a large to a medium grip and it helped a lot. I still like the grip of my P-02 more, but I plan on trying the Hogue Handall since it made a huge difference on my USP 45.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 11:59:11 PM »
I have always hated the look of the handall and thought the edges would irritate my hand. Based on this thread though, I decided to give it a try on my P-09. Wow, what a difference. I don't want to put it down, hopefully it works well at the range tomorrow. I bought one for my G43 too. Like this so much better than the talon on my 07. The palm swells make all the difference. $7 @ Academy, so $10 less than the talon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:05:56 AM by Earl Keese »