Author Topic: Bonesteel arms issues  (Read 1835 times)

Offline mobiltoy

Bonesteel arms issues
« on: November 20, 2015, 07:29:47 PM »
I placed an order on the 9th and have emailed a couple times with no response. Anyone else having issues. Thanks

Offline Lomx138

Re: Bonesteel arms issues
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »
Yeah, lots of folks have had issues. Poor to absent communication, lengthy delays (9months in my case) in shipping. Good products, though. For a while he was answering his phone; you could try that, though often he doesn't answer. If whatever you ordered is available elsewhere (CNC Warrior, Ronin Grips, e.g.), you might consider reordering from elsewhere, and requesting refund or reversal of charge if you can't get through somehow in the next few weeks/months.

Offline RSR

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 03:43:05 AM »
+1 on Lomx138 -- order elsewhere for stuff available elsewhere...  His surplus parts he ships immediately however -- provided you don't order things not in stock w/ your order. 

While the price is right on his HG, I was really unimpressed with the product from a functional standpoint.  The machining and production is great, but the lower HG is short and fat (don't care for it in the hand) and the upper is super thin and narrow and borderline flimsy (sure it's fine for optics but upper rail will allow stuff into the lower HG, and unless you're running the bonesteel lower where debris getting in through the upper can fall though the holes in lower HG, then it's better left avoided...  Really wish someone (like Troy did) would just buy rights to the NEA design and produce.  Best HG system out there IMO.

Offline zmr

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »
par for the course, i will never order anything from that guy again.

Offline felix

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 01:36:18 PM »
Sad to see Bonesteel going through this. He was doing good for a while and now is back to this vey low level of customer satisfaction. I don't know what is going on with him but he needed to stick with what he WAS doing good and leave the rest to someone else. I'm not judging, I'm just saying..
Love to play with fast women, sharp knives & loud guns, if the wife says it's okay....

Offline Forced March

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 11:16:07 PM »
I for one have never had a problem with the guy, BUT 95% of the time we speak over the phone first!

Offline Garys4598

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »
I for one have never had a problem with the guy, BUT 95% of the time we speak over the phone first!

Morgan, you must have his personal cell number, because he does not answer or respond to his business contact number.  Such is my experience.

Care to share the telephone number that you have? 
"Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun."

Offline Forced March

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »
I don't know if I have an exclusive number or that whenever I tend to call our timezones are synchronizing.  I just wanted to stick up for the guy, as all our transactions have been good thus far, maybe, maybe alittle slow, maybe, but I know from personal experience what it can be like. 

He and I both do the VZ work as a side gig, there just isn't enough interested VZ owners out there to warrant it ever becoming a fulltime thing.  So our main sources of income often push our side gigs to exactly that, the side.

FM

Offline Garys4598

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 12:09:48 PM »
... I just wanted to stick up for the guy....

Yea, I figured it was like that.

BLUF:  The vast majority of the items on Bonesteel's website may be purchased directly from CNC Warrior, who has exceptional customer service (in my opinion) and who I believe, manufactures the Bonesteel parts.  Honestly, I'm dumbstruck that Bonesteel doesn't just simply pull or take off-line his website for a year or whatever is necessary, until he is able to dedicate the necessary time to it.  Just say'n.
"Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun."

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
OK, I have to side with Forced.....a little.  I have had resonable response from Chris(?).  I call and he answers.  I send email and he answers.  I thought I was the only one after reading all the horror stories and then Forced pops up.  Disapointed that I am no longer exclusive.

Garys,

I tried to order from the manufacturer, CNC Warrior, and they wree kind of sad to inform me the Chris had just the previous week received a large order and they couldn't help me due to an arrangement with Bonesteel.  Seemed odd but there you have it and I wanted the CNC made items as they are superb.

PROBLEM:  My orders keep getting REFILLED without my authorization.  I haven't gone to my card company but my bank sent me a new  card unsolicited and told me my account was being abused due to it being hacked.  I am waiting to see if this latest notification from Bonesteel that I hav a couple FCGs on the way is correct.  I did email the guy about it.

Jonh

anything