Author Topic: Got my Bren 805!  (Read 3787 times)

Offline z00mie

Got my Bren 805!
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »
I finally got my Bren 805! The pistol seems well built and sturdy. I took it out to the range and fired about 60rds with the pistol brace tube using Winchester 55 grain FMJ. It was on paper right out of the box at 100yds. I didn't really try to "dial it in" beyond a few minor adjustments to windage. 5rd Groups were about 4-5 inches with no stock using my shooting bag as a rest and cheek contact on the pistol brace tube. I suspect it'll be more accurate with a stock from a stability standpoint and comb height correction. The trigger seemed pretty good for a stock "combat style" trigger. The rifle's ergo's are good but not perfect due to quite a lot of edges. The rifle got warm but definitely not hot. Overall reliability during this short little outing was 100%. I shot at dusk and the muzzle flash is pretty awe inspiring. Additionally, I'd get a shower of hot particles/gas from the gas ports occasionally. Overall I really like it and have already got my SBR paperwork in the mail. The rifle has some rough spots (ergonomics) but nothing that causes me to doubt my decision to purchase.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Got my Bren 805!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:51:58 PM »
Excellent! Please, keep us posted!

Offline z00mie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 12:29:22 PM »
The Bren will likely be relegated to "safe ballast" until my SBR paperwork, conforming parts etc. are in hand. I think it is a neat weapon but it really, really needs a stock before going much further as a project.

Offline stuffgeek

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »
Look forward to the upgraded results

Offline z00mie

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »
Still waiting on my form1!  >:(

Offline z00mie

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:26:47 PM »
Got it! Form1  is in!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 09:57:21 PM »
Woo hoo! Photos and VIDEO! 8)

Offline z00mie

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »
So far I'm using the T-2 micro with the low mount (it comes with), I've gotten and installed OEM Picatinney side rails, and  CZ's kit to SBR. It hasn't failed in 300 rds and is very accurate for a 10" barrel, 2.75" at a 100 off the bench. I'm using a Blueforce sling with 550 cord attached at the sling attachment points for quiet and flexibility. This is my FAVORITE rifle!
 Now the round count will begin to increase dramatically. I've got a long way to go to get where GeeMan is though!

Offline GeeMan

• Si Vi Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »
Thanks for the mention z00mie, so time for a quick update I suppose...

My 805 that I've had almost a year now has recently passed the 14k+ rounds downrange mark, with no issues other than the wear/tear (mostly cosmetic) that you would expect from this much use...  now as I've said before, I don't 'baby' this weapon one bit and the majority of my live fire takes place in actual training scenarios in full kit at least once every week or two, and so at times through these ops it has been constantly banged/bumped around during maneuvers, rapidly fired/reloaded to ~200+ rounds in violence-of-force drills until I thought it was going to glow red, underwater, in mud, in sand, dropped on the ground and generally just run really hard since day one...  I would have no hesitation in choosing this weapon as my go-to if SHTF, and in fact out of all of my modern battle rifles this would likely be my pick as I've spent so much time training with it the past many months that I feel just as comfortable with it as any of my AR platforms that I've used for decades since separating from military service...

Things that I've done to it to this point:
CZ Brace Adapter, Tube, & Brace (for reasons I won't get into here, this "pistol" will remain papered a pistol)
Troy Folding BUIS
EOTech 516 Holographic RDS
KNS Angled Charging Handle
KNS M-LOK Side Rails
MagPul M-LOK QD Socket in front left side rail
MagPul MS4 Sling
MagPul AFG
SureFire X300U-B WML
Ergo Hard Rubber Rail Covers
Major Spare Parts Kit which includes Gas Tube, Piston Assembly, Bolt/Breech Face Assembly, Firing Pin & Cups, Extractor, Ejector, Take Down Pins, and a Complete Spring Kit.

I'm not sure how to post photos here (if that's possible) but here's a link to one for anyone that wants to take a look at it in it's current configuration:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207796966061020&set=rpd.1200459158&type=3&theater

Hope that works...

Looking forward to picking up a Carbine as soon as I can swing it, as they are shipping and in the wild now...

Thanks for reading...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »
Photobucket is my photo hosting choice, works really well.

Offline TATBME

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:22:42 AM »
For all of you who have an approved Form 1, what model and make did you put down? I've had my Form 1 in for a month and just want to be sure it doesn't get kicked back.

Offline z00mie

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
Use exactly what is on the rifle or they will kick it back! Ask me how I know? ::)