Author Topic: CZ Coach Gun  (Read 4750 times)

Offline jstanfield103

CZ Coach Gun
« on: December 28, 2015, 09:14:54 PM »
Ok guy's and or gals,
I have had the hankering for another coach gun. I use to have a Baikal coach gun but did not care for the no hammers (internal Hammers) it had. I want one with external hammers. I have been researching high and low on coach guns. To me it looks and the price must also show that the CZ 06130 Coach Gun appears to be about the best out there for a new gun. They look built the best and definitely a Beauty for sure. I ended up ordering one that I should have in a couple of weeks. I know CZ is known for quality guns and I hope this Turkish made gun is no exception.
   How many have this gun and does anyone have any complaints and or anything to share with me about this gun ?

Thanks in advanced
                      Jstanfield103
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:57:02 PM by jstanfield103 »
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline jstanfield103

Re: CZ Coach Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 05:59:31 PM »
OK now I am in the waiting process for the gun. I will send the payment off on the 8th of January and probably a week or so after that I will have the gun. Can't wait, but while I am waiting I would love to see pictures of everybody else's CZ Coach-Gun.
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »
I don;t have the coach gun but I do have a CZ O/U made in Turkey,  The quality is excellent...period!  They have been making firearms in Turkey for well over 500 years.  You will not be disappointed.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline jstanfield103

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 01:12:25 PM »
   I picked the coach gun up yesterday (1-15-16). Canuck44 you are very much correct, what a beautiful gun. Fit & Finish are excellent. I am very happy I did not go the cheaper (Chinese, Brazilian ) route. Really is a beautiful gun.
  Pictures will come soon.
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline pcator13

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 06:44:09 PM »
There is something about a coach that says "Don't mess with me."

Offline Louiczana

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 09:46:07 PM »
 How's the coach treating you? I've been toying with the idea of getting either 712 utility or a coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 08:15:53 AM »
I would love to have a Coach Gun.   O_O

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
How's your Coach gun holding up? I always wanted a SxS, and as a CZ fan boy, I put in a order for a Hammer Coach today. (though it will likely not arrive before Christmas... *sigh*).

Offline sapo

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 10:02:44 AM »
Hello -

After much homework and searches through countless web sites, I purchased my first CZ 12 ga coach gun a few days ago. Very pleased with it's looks and construction - other manufacturers' coach guns pale in comparison

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that in looking at the hammers, I cannot figure out how this gun actually fires ...  the hammers rest approx 1/8" from the firing pins. I've watched a few videos and, as best as I can tell, there's also a gap between those coach gun hammers and the firing pin. 

I won't be able to get out to the range till this weekend, so if anyone has some input until then, i appreciate it.

Thanks -

Regards,
Joseph

(I also haven't figured out how to insert a pic yet)

PS - 1/23/18
watching more vids ... all the coach gun triggers sit approx 1/8" from firing pins, and they fire ...
will go to the range this weekend and BSU ... maybe by then I'll have the physics of this figured out ...

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:37:31 PM by sapo »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 10:40:01 AM »
Can't wait to see pics from you guys. Dang, these are just classy!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Diamond Jim

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 04:53:33 AM »
Hello -

After much homework and searches through countless web sites, I purchased my first CZ 12 ga coach gun a few days ago. Very pleased with it's looks and construction - other manufacturers' coach guns pale in comparison

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that in looking at the hammers, I cannot figure out how this gun actually fires ...  the hammers rest approx 1/8" from the firing pins. I've watched a few videos and, as best as I can tell, there's also a gap between those coach gun hammers and the firing pin. 

I won't be able to get out to the range till this weekend, so if anyone has some input until then, i appreciate it.

Thanks -

Regards,
Joseph

(I also haven't figured out how to insert a pic yet)

PS - 1/23/18
watching more vids ... all the coach gun triggers sit approx 1/8" from firing pins, and they fire ...
will go to the range this weekend and BSU ... maybe by then I'll have the physics of this figured out ...

OK, I don't own a CZ hammer gun nor have I ever had one in my hands - but I've owned a modern Rossi coach gun and an c.1900 English hammer gun... every modern hammer gun I am aware of has rebounding hammers. The hammers at rest are a few mm (or 1/8") off the firing pins. The firing pins are spring loaded to retract after firing so they don't sit proud of the breech face.
This is a safety feature. In the bad old days with non-rebounding hammers (I've had one of those as well - a rifled 12 bore under-lever "Elephant gun"), after firing the hammers rested on the firing pins which protruded from the breech-face. Before reloading, the shooter had to retract the hammers to (what I reluctantly call) a "half-cock" position. In fact the protruding firing pins made it difficult to open the gun but an enthusiastic shooter might not notice the resistance in the heat of the moment. If he/she didn't, and slammed the action shut on two fresh cartridges the protruding firing pins would fire the new cartridges before the action was (manually) locked shut. The results could be very ugly so a design change was called for.
Try this exercise - UNLOAD the gun.
Dis-assemble your new gun as if you were going to clean it - fore-end off, barrels off.
With the bare breech - no cartridges anywhere close - and the hammers UNCOCKED - depress a trigger - nothing should happen.
While keeping the trigger pressed, push forward on the relevant hammer with your thumb. It should move forward and operate the firing pin. Release the thumb pressure (keep your finger on the trigger) and the hammer should rebound to the rest position and the firing pin should retract.
Now release the trigger and try pushing forward on the hammer - it shouldn't move.
In action, the momentum of the hammer carries it past the rest position and hits the firing pin momentarily before rebounding. A spring then retracts the firing pin. If it ever doesn't, take it to a gunsmith. When you release the trigger, the hammer is blocked from hitting the firing pin if it is bumped.
And that is how rebounding hammers keep us safe.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:52:57 AM by Diamond Jim »

Offline sapo

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »
Thank you for the quick response and excellent explanation, Jim

I will run through your exercise this evening

Regards,
Joseph