Author Topic: P-07 and me did pretty good...  (Read 3064 times)

Offline oldfrank

P-07 and me did pretty good...
« on: January 09, 2016, 12:22:13 PM »
I shot an IDPA match last Sunday. There were 59 shooters present.

I shot my P-07 in CCP which requires a 8+1 round start vs 10+1 of most other shooters. There were six 1911 guys shooting 8+1 also.

Overall I was 16 out of 58 (1 DQ).
I was surprised as it was a fairly tough match, probably 125 rounds and movers or steel on at least half of the stages. Things just fell in place for me and the CZ performed perfectly.

I had to brag on myself a little especially since I am a good bit older than 95% of the others that shot.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: P-07 and me did pretty good...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »
Frank,  sounds like you done good. Very good.
re that age issue:  "Old guys rule"... and can shoot...on good days when the back/legs/hands & eyes are all running smoothly.  ;)

Keep shooting.  Use it or lose it.  O0

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 12:17:09 AM »
Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great day!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 12:02:22 AM »
Nice work Frank! Jerry Miculek is still running around out shooting younger people with his mad skill. Way to represent!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:19:53 AM »
Did you ever hear the account of the "Dangerous Old Men" that occurred on April 17, 1775?

After the British attempt to take and destroy the muskets/powder/etc. they were looking for in Concord they were fighting their way back towards Boston.  They had a cannon or two but had run low on cannon balls and powder for them so they could not use them effectively against the colonial militias that were ripping them a new one along the road.

The spare cannon balls and powder were in a wagon, guarded by some British Regulars and making it's way westward towards the embattled British units that desperately needed them.

You know how the militia was manned?  Every male older than about 17 who could fight was in the militia.  Once a man became too old, or too crippled up to serve he was no longer considered part of the militia.

Well, a group of these old guys, too old/crippled up to be an active part of their local militia saw this British wagon and it's guards traveling west towards their troops.  They decided it would be a good thing if the British cannons did not get resupplied with ball and powder - so they grabbed their muskets and captured the British guards and the wagon and held it to keep the British troops on down the road around Lexington from being able to use them against the militia.

They are/were known as "the dangerous old men".

Never underestimate someone because they are old, small, female, etc.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
The P-07 continues to amaze me, especially after concentrating on only it for the last few months.

What a sweet shooting pistol and it suits me so well.

The other night at our indoor Gadpa (blend of IDPA/USPSA) we had 15 shooters. I came in third and the two shooters who beat me were one a shooter using a Red Dot sight and a USPSA Grand Master who is really not human. Plus I was drawing from under a concealment vest.

Of course we were all shooting in different divisions but still third overall for a Super Senior shooting a little gun against 5" 1911's and Glock 34's is pretty good.
I am shooting it next weekend against some stiff competition at the Alabama State IDPA Match but I know the P-07 will perform and I hope I can keep from going brain dead and have a good match.
It will be fun anyway.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 11:58:20 AM »

I shot poorly but I guess less poorly than the others.

It was a tough match with moving targets on 11 of the 12 stages.

Offline BDG

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »
Congratulations! O'Frank,
Very well done.
As a novice IDPA shooter; your performance is inspiring to me.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:28:50 AM »
Good luck to you BDG.

Just so you know I am really old! If I was young again I would be an IDPA terror. :)

Offline JonFrost

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 10:17:19 AM »
Congrats!! Awesome shooting!

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »
Congratulations oldfrank!

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 06:04:29 AM »
Did you shoot P07 in CCP at AL?  The P07 doesn't fit in the box for CCP, not that they checked at AL.  I suppose it could if you left off the right side decocker or safety. 

Congrats at the wood at AL, was a tough but really fun match. 

Sent from an iDevice.  Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.  If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline Joe L

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 08:10:25 AM »
OldFrank--I am just now seeing this thread and am new to the P-07 but have a lot of experience with a P-09.  Just wanted to say congrats and hang in there.  Great result.  Keep shooting. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »
Dave I checked it in three different boxes that were purchased from IDPA. The lid slammed on two and the third had a gap about the thickness of a dollar bill.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
Dave I checked it in three different boxes that were purchased from IDPA. The lid slammed on two and the third had a gap about the thickness of a dollar bill.
That's interesting on the CZ website the thickness is excessive if I recall, that said I have not tried to put one in a box
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT