Author Topic: P-07 Kadet  (Read 25123 times)

Offline Joe L

Re: P-07 Kadet
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »
Jimzilla--Painter and others have given you a lot of good advice above.  Here is what I would add. 

With cooler weather coming or already here in some parts, the slide lube becomes critical for any .22.  I only use light oil in the cooler months and add some just before each range session.  If I have time, I'll remove the slide and run some Q-tips through the rails, then add oil.  The powder residue builds up everywhere on the .22 frame and slide.   I'll also brush the chamber (not the barrel) and push a patch through the barrel if I have time.  Then I pick the breech face and extractor and add a drop of oil to the extractor near the pivot pin and work it in.  If the firing pin hole is clear, the gun is good for a few hundred rounds this way. 

If it is really cold, I have to go to high velocity ammo to get the gun to cycle consistently, otherwise mine will operate fine on standard velocity. 

A 17# hammer spring will make it slightly easier for the slide to cycle also, with just a little less resistance when it cocks the hammer.  That should be true in a P-07 or a 75. 

Side note.  I don't clean the frame parts.  Its futile.  I DO clean the frame rails, chamber, extractor, magazines, firing pin hole, and breach face regularly.  If I don't, every .22 I have will quit running, simple as that. 

Find ammo that is readily available and which runs in your gun in your shooting conditions and stick with it.  I don't change anything once I find something that works.   

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2017, 04:36:20 PM »
It has been a while since I shot my P-07 Kadet adapter. After 50 or so rounds I started to get some FTE's. Im like... not again.
I wiped the frame and slide dry,reassembled and put 4 drops of oil on each side of the gap between the slide and frame and let it drip in, cycled the slide and held the pistol a little firmer than I was before and it performed flawlessly for 350 rounds of Aguila interceptors. someone here said to run it wet and it worked for me (thank you). Next time I will try some cheaper ammo like Winchester 555 and report the results.
Fresh Meat

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »
I picked a P07 Kadet kit yesterday and took it to the range today.  On my 9mm P07 Duty with a CGW SRS, it went full auto.   10 rounds in less than a half second. It went back to the shop I bought it from and they are contacting CZ about it.

Not quite what I was expecting with this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Tok36

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »
I picked a P07 Kadet kit yesterday and took it to the range today.  On my 9mm P07 Duty with a CGW SRS, it went full auto.   10 rounds in less than a half second. It went back to the shop I bought it from and they are contacting CZ about it.

Not quite what I was expecting with this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Strange, please let us know what you find out if you do.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
I took it back to the shop where I bought it and they called CZ.  Now, CZ wants to see both the Kadet Kit as well as the pistol that I was using to shoot it.  I'm not really crazy about sending CZ my P07.  It's an early, extended barrel Duty that's full of CGW parts.  I love that gun.  When I'm having a bad day with anything else, I can shoot that gun and feel like I know what I'm doing again.  My biggest fear is that CZ will decide that the P07 is out of spec and send me a different one.  I was quite happy with my 9mm early P07 that was running the extended factory mags until the Kadet kit came along. 

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2017, 11:40:19 PM »
Do you know anyone with another P-07 you could try it with?

Offline painter

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »
Have you considered talking to David first? He might have some insight.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »
I'm not sure I'll ever know what was causing it to run full auto.  The shop swapped the kit for another and the 'sporty' one I had went back to CZ.  The new one works fine on the P07.  That original upper on my P07 was about as close to a Glock 18 as I'll ever come.  ;D