Author Topic: Installed CGW Pro Package  (Read 1248 times)

Offline dross

Installed CGW Pro Package
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:58:16 PM »
Just installed the CGW Pro Package with the priceless help of Joemustang99's videos. Brought the double action pull weight down to 7 pounds, and the single action to 2.5 pounds. The single action is a bit lighter than I really wanted. I used the 15 lb hammer spring and the lighter sear spring. I'd put the heavier sear spring in it, but I'm not going to tear it down again. I'm happy with it anyway - I have a couple of other CZs with very light triggers so I'm pretty used to them, and with the long take-up of the P 09, I still think it's pretty safe even at that weight. In single action the trigger has just the teeniest bit of creep - you have to really pay attention to notice it at all. But then I've tried triggers on very high end pistols that supposedly had "zero" creep and they had a little.

Very happy with the gun overall. I paid $405 for it NIB, and with $218 worth of parts I'd say I paid $622 for a handgun that shoots better than some $1000 guns.

Offline eyetat

Re: Installed CGW Pro Package
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »
Amen to that!.

Offline dross

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:31:27 PM »
Update: Using a trick I've heard for years but often forget about, I eliminated the tiny bit of creep. For two dry fires - only TWO - I put upward pressure on the cocked hammer and pulled the trigger. All detectable creep is gone.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:47:59 PM »
Update: Using a trick I've heard for years but often forget about, I eliminated the tiny bit of creep. For two dry fires - only TWO - I put upward pressure on the cocked hammer and pulled the trigger. All detectable creep is gone.
Can you post a video on this method?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:32:40 AM by Raining_Brass »

Offline schmeky

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »
dross,

Your technique of upward pressure on a cocked hammer is commonly referred to as burnishing the hammer hooks.  This is how we fine tune CZ's in our shop.  With the proper lube, upward pressure, and number of cycles, we can tune a SA trigger pull to perfection.  Pretty cool how a "cheapo" CZ polymer pistol can have a superb SA for a modest investment.

Glad you shared this. 

Offline dross

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:32:15 PM »
dross,

Your technique of upward pressure on a cocked hammer is commonly referred to as burnishing the hammer hooks.  This is how we fine tune CZ's in our shop.  With the proper lube, upward pressure, and number of cycles, we can tune a SA trigger pull to perfection.  Pretty cool how a "cheapo" CZ polymer pistol can have a superb SA for a modest investment.

Glad you shared this.

Thank you, sir, for the service and products you provide.

anything