Author Topic: CZ75B SAO Conversion : issue  (Read 3198 times)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: CZ75B SAO Conversion : issue
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 01:52:16 AM »
Usually a swift hit with a big hammer and starter punch is all that is needed to remove the H-pins from the disconnector.  For some they have found that using an automatic center punch does the trick:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-6-in-Automatic-Center-Punch-70079H/206007134

Just place the punch centered in the pin and let the tool do the work to move the pin.  I use it to stake the new pins in place once I've replaced the disco with a CGW variant.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline John7M7

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 04:54:35 PM »
So it appears that my CZ SAO trigger (ordered on the official CZ store) had a slot for the scree that will adjust over travel... But no screw !
What should I do with that ?! Can I just get one ?

Thanks for the tips about how to take the pin out, might try it soon !

Offline ThompsonCustom

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »
Get ahold of CGW they also have the screws u need and the shipping will be much cheaper. If you have the tools drilling it for a pre travel screw is pretty easy and well worth it.
www.AerospaceArms.com Current Deals:
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel $148
21% off all magpul products code: "magpul"

Offline John7M7

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 02:09:37 AM »
Thanks, I emailed David at CGW.

By the way I'm going to get their 3-springs kit, Race hammer kit and Strut. Anything else I'd need ?
Should I change the firing pin ?

(I'm in SAO now, in case it changes something here).

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
You'll need the extended firing pin if you want to use the 13# hammer spring. I use it with a #15 hammer spring as well. I find it worth it if you have the spare change. Excellent choice on the race hammer kit! Make sure to get a pin for the hammer and strut.

I recommend their pin that holds the firing pin in the frame, even if you keep the stock firing pin. It doesn't deform from dry firing, and while I use snap caps I saw the stock pin deform in about 30 empty chamber dry fires (which could happen from friends and the range and what not.)

Firing pin retaining pin
https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

Hammer Pin (these may come in your kit, I didn't check...)
https://cajungunworks.com/product/hpin/
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline John7M7

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 09:42:13 PM »
You'll need the extended firing pin if you want to use the 13# hammer spring. I use it with a #15 hammer spring as well. I find it worth it if you have the spare change. Excellent choice on the race hammer kit! Make sure to get a pin for the hammer and strut.

I recommend their pin that holds the firing pin in the frame, even if you keep the stock firing pin. It doesn't deform from dry firing, and while I use snap caps I saw the stock pin deform in about 30 empty chamber dry fires (which could happen from friends and the range and what not.)

Firing pin retaining pin
https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

Hammer Pin (these may come in your kit, I didn't check...)
https://cajungunworks.com/product/hpin/

Thank you for your detailed explanation, I'm gonna order all of the above, i'd rather do it right and not do half the job to save $20. I'll pass my order tomorrow.

However, I asked David about the screw that goes in the hole that's on my SA trigger and didn't get an answer. I don't find it on the website, do they sell it ?

Offline John7M7

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 12:39:52 AM »
I finally upgraded my CZ 75 today: adjustable trigger, and a kit of springs (hammer spring, TRS, etc). The result is great for what I want: I reduced the SA trigger pull weight from 7 pounds to 4 and a half ! And I haven't even polished some parts yet. The action is smoother too.

I might decide not to change the hammer, as it's a big expense for me and since I'm not doing competition shooting..

One last question, if anyone can help me with that: CZ Custom sells a short guide rod in stainless steel. Would it be a good upgrade for my CZ75B in 9mm ? What I found on the forum does;t really answer my question. Btw my recoil spring is a #14bs from Cajun Gun Works, not the factory one anymore.
http://czcustom.com/cz-75-stainless-steel-guide-rod-short.html

Anyway, thanks for all your help, I definitely means a lot !

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »
I might decide not to change the hammer, as it's a big expense for me and since I'm not doing competition shooting..

While called a "Competition Hammer", it is really a major improvement to any type of shooting you do.  As big of an improvement as you saw swapping springs, you will see a bigger improvement when changing the hammer.  It eliminates the creep and fixes the hammer geometry so there is no rearward camming when pulling the trigger.  It's a big improvement.

Keep in mind that if you DO decide to swap the hammer, you will need to fit the safety leg of the sear to it or install a adjustable sear from CGW.

As far as the guide rod goes, I have shot gun with the factory plastic guide rod and stainless steel guide rod.  I've seen no difference in performance between them.  In my opinion, you would be much better off putting the money you would spend on a stainless guide rod towards a the hammer.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 04:23:59 PM »
Completely agree with JLJ.
    With everything you've done to get to SAO, and cleaning up the SA. You won't be disappointed in the new hammer.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline John7M7

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »
Thank you for your answers, that makes sense for the idea to skip the guide rod, keep the money and invest on the hammer. I would also take the CGW sear with it in order to avoid modifying my current sear.

Well, if everybody tells me that's it's a great improvement, I might just end up getting this hammer next month, and then I'll be done with my CZ 75 project !  ;)

Offline terry mc

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »
You will definitely like the hammer.
Also on the trigger you used, did you got the standard SA trigger (with a small hook on the end) or the flat SAO trigger.
The reason I asked is if you got the flat trigger it also has a pretravel in addition to the overtravel screw.
This shortens the reset distance as the trigger does not travel as far forward when adjusted.
Make sure you locktite your overtravel screw, there have been a few people that have either bought a gun with or had their gun have the overtravel screw move after the fact and have the sear hanging up on the hammer.
After a while the sear and hammer will have their edges worn and eventually it can cause an unsafe gun.

And yes I recommend the CGW sear, it makes the install so much easier on adjusting the safety.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline John7M7

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
I have the trigger with the hook but it's the CZ Custom one so I got the 2 screws.

Here's the thing I don't really get: how do you see if the sear is hanging up on the hammer ? Even when I take the slide off I can't really tell.
Also when do you adjust the screws in the trigger, just with the slide off or should I take other parts away ?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »
A recent reply from ThompsonCustom in another thread that explains clearly:
"Theres a lot of different methods for setting the over travel screw but heres what i do to check for interference. I start by removing the hammer spring so there is no force on the hammer and then put red loctite on the post travel and screw it in untill the hammer wont clear the sear, you have to manual move the hammer forward. Now i back the screw out just so the hammer breaks/clears the sear, at this point you will feel the hammer hooks draging on the bottom of the sear. I keep backing the screw out just so there is no interference between the top of the hooks and bottom side of the sear."
On my pre-b I can see the sear and hammer hooks when the trigger is pulled back.

anything