Author Topic: CZ83 questions  (Read 1781 times)

Offline airrascal

CZ83 questions
« on: April 28, 2003, 04:44:10 AM »
I have two CZ83s, a 7.65 and a .380.  I love them both but like children, sometimes you have a problem with one.  

My 7.65 has occasional problems with FTF.  I have two 15 rounders for it and it doesn't seem to matter which one I use.  Either one of them average about 1 FTF per magazine full.  I have been using Fiocchi and S&B 73 gr FMJs.   I did an extensive cleaning and lubricating session and it worked flawlessly for about 3 mags full and the started acting up again.  It has been suggested that polishing the ramp could help.  Any other suggestions are welcome.

The .380 has been perfect.  Both have the round trigger guards which I like better than the recurved one currently in production.

Does anyone have a line on hi-caps for the .380?  Cheaper Than Dirt advertized some but when I went to their store in Ft. Worth and looked at them, it was obvious that they wren't for the CZ83.  They weren't the right size and the mag release notch was in the wrong place.  My .380 only has 1 mag right now and I do need to get some spares.

P.S.  I am a real CZ junkie!  7 pistols, soon to be 8 and a long gun.

Offline ut83

CZ83 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 04:59:41 AM »
Ill be the issue isnt the cleanliness of the mags...probably or possibly your springs.....get new springs from wolff for the mags....Im unaware if they differ from the .380 springs.

FAWCO = Firearms Acceseries Company has had the high caps for the .380 in the past.....

For real CZ Hi Caps..they are CZ83 Military mags.  They must have the Crossed swords impression/stamp on them...this is the CZ military approval stamp.  Then jump on them.....

Shoot well

Offline airrascal

CZ83 questions
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 05:34:09 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Do you have any contact info for FAWCO?

JoeInCT

CZ83 questions
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 08:42:42 AM »
www.gun-magazines.com

lists the regular 10 rounders in .380, look like CZ factory units, based on the part nos. I have yet to find a hi-cap source for the 83.

anything