Author Topic: Summer is Here and so are the Single Stackers  (Read 1479 times)

Offline marcoc

Summer is Here and so are the Single Stackers
« on: March 16, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »
The LC9s PRO taking the place of the RAMI for CC.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
Re: Summer is Here and so are the Single Stackers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:13:21 PM »
I might change grips on my compact, but that would be it.

Sent from an iDevice.  Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.  If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline lowcountrySC

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 09:11:04 PM »
I currently have a kahr cw40 that carries very well but I really want to get rid of it and get something in 9mm. I like the rami's, just not sure if I am ready to make the switch.

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
Here are my lil' guys

Mauser HSc 380

Sig Ultra 3in 1911 in 45
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

"Hey, do you want to try my Glock?"
No thank you. Want to try my CZ P-01?
"Hell Yeah, DoooD, thats sweet"

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »
I had a Sig Ultra 3" bi-tone. The only non-CZ I regret letting go. Man, that was a sweet shooting little gun. It was so pretty I couldn't bring myself to carry it and it was too small for a range toy. Carrying a G43 right now. Don't care even a little if it gets scratched/worn :-)

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »
My Ultra didn't work when I got it. Got the Sig in trade for an XDS 45 that was far worse than the Sig. I think both of us left that trade laughing at each other til we used our new acquisitions.
First off Sig used a full size gun rear night sight, compact needs a taller rear. That cost me $100 to replace to get POA to POI.
Next the Nitron coating is thick and hides poor machining. Breech wall looked smooth but Failure to feeds were too frequent to trust the darn thing at all. I was able to smooth the gouges in the breech wall & chamber of the barrel. It is now reliable. After a year the front sight went dark, not dim... Dark. Another $45.
Oh yeah, the flat wire recoil spring colapsed after 400 rounds. Flat wire springs are supposed to last a lot longer than the normal round wire. I ended up getting an EGW spring & cut 3 coils off to fit. Still using that spring with out any problems & I have 2 spares.
Now it works reliably & shoots well but it still has to remind me how much it hates me by hitting me in the face with brass on occasion. I have just left the ejection alone cause we have mutual feelings...

I could go on about the Mauser HSc...  but I won that fight too. It works now.
Sorry, had to remove the list of firearms due to server overload. I hope you now have a more pleasant experience on this forum.

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 11:08:10 AM »
...I could go on about the Mauser HSc...  but I won that fight too. It works now.

What did you have to do to make it work? I have a 1970s Interarms-era Mauser HSc .380 that is mostly reliable with Fiocchi ammo (including Perfecta and Brass MAXX), but is still very picky.

One of the magazines is completely unreliable, but I am convinced it is really a .32 and not a .380 mag.

At least it is pretty (nice bluing and such), which is more  than I can say for my reliably bad Glock 41.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline vwpieces

• Bang, Bang, Bang
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 06:04:32 PM »
...I could go on about the Mauser HSc...  but I won that fight too. It works now.

What did you have to do to make it work? I have a 1970s Interarms-era Mauser HSc .380 that is mostly reliable with Fiocchi ammo (including Perfecta and Brass MAXX), but is still very picky.

One of the magazines is completely unreliable, but I am convinced it is really a .32 and not a .380 mag.

At least it is pretty (nice bluing and such), which is more  than I can say for my reliably bad Glock 41.

Never bought ammo for it, opted for reloading supplied instead. All have been my loads with Berrys RN & HBRN or my own cast & lube sized 92gr RN projectiles over W231.
Here is my posts from the Mausergungs.com
Explained my experiences & solutions. I am running Wolff springs throughout & +5% mag spring. Firing pin spring is difficult to say the least. There are 2 MIA in my living room & have not surfaced in 8 months.

http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,553.0.html

Just be careful with the HSc. I mean it's not something to shoot 200 rounds a week. Frame will crack, Trigger pin will break, Extractor will eject itself. The loose rumor is that the Interarms generation were really made in Spain, not Germany. Originally a 7.65mm Browning then offered in 9mm Kurz (380) when Interarms stepped into the picture.
How do you like it when the safety is on, round in the chamber & trigger pull drops the hammer in order to put it into full safe mode. Its hard to get over that but the safety does lift the FP out of the hammer contact. It works but still hard to feel OK to drop the hammer with safety on. After the hammer is dropped (full safe mode) Trigger is dead &when safety is  put in fire position you get DA trigger or manual cock & SA.
I hate that the only way to drop the slide is to insert magazine.

I trust it now & would take it with me if needed. I only have one magazine for mine though. I want a real 380 with finger tab but see them going for $80-100+
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:30:50 PM by vwpieces »

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 11:05:41 PM »
Ugh.  I (my back and hip) was finally getting comfortable with a heavy dose of OWB in dress clothes concealed by an over sweater!   IWB is a thing of the past for me, so I suppose the pocket holstered Nano and the occasional Galco Underwraps is going to come back into play more often than not.
 :(

Offline eastman

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »

Never bought ammo for it, opted for reloading supplied instead. All have been my loads with Berrys RN & HBRN or my own cast & lube sized 92gr RN projectiles over W231.
Here is my posts from the Mausergungs.com
Explained my experiences & solutions. I am running Wolff springs throughout & +5% mag spring. Firing pin spring is difficult to say the least. There are 2 MIA in my living room & have not surfaced in 8 months.

http://www.mauserguns.com/forum/index.php/topic,553.0.html

Just be careful with the HSc. I mean it's not something to shoot 200 rounds a week. Frame will crack, Trigger pin will break, Extractor will eject itself. The loose rumor is that the Interarms generation were really made in Spain, not Germany. Originally a 7.65mm Browning then offered in 9mm Kurz (380) when Interarms stepped into the picture.
How do you like it when the safety is on, round in the chamber & trigger pull drops the hammer in order to put it into full safe mode. Its hard to get over that but the safety does lift the FP out of the hammer contact. It works but still hard to feel OK to drop the hammer with safety on. After the hammer is dropped (full safe mode) Trigger is dead &when safety is  put in fire position you get DA trigger or manual cock & SA.
I hate that the only way to drop the slide is to insert magazine.

I trust it now & would take it with me if needed. I only have one magazine for mine though. I want a real 380 with finger tab but see them going for $80-100+

I think the HSc will stay the wallflower in the safe and the 100% reliable Ruger LCP will be the one to get used.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline amcline82

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 08:44:30 AM »

This is my year round carry pistol. S&W shield 40. Once I get my P-01 then it will just be a summer carry.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Offline Towns

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »
Here's my only single stack, 3913

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ZardozCZ

• Recently returned to shooting and loving it!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »
Just picked up a Kahr K9 in black stainless. A bit bigger and heavier than their CM9, but I shoot it more accurately. If you can get used to the trigger, it's a nice option.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
Aboriginal Proverb

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Early 1980's Interarms/Ranger Arms Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP

Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm

Now I also have three Walther P38's, one Mauser mfg 1936 Luger, and two .45 1911's, which all qualify as single stackers, but I'm thinking this thread is more oriented towards CCW Pistols.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »
The RAMI and PPS M2 are my carries. Obviously the PPS is the single stack.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:14:29 PM by Firemanjones »
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC